+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Blast from the past

Blast from the past

I have just been looking at South Shields home page ( yes sad I know, but been impressed by their attendances over last few years ). Took a look at their squad to find both Gary Liddle and Blair Adams both play in defence for them . Impressed Gary Liddle is still playing at a decent level.

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    I have just been looking at South Shields home page ( yes sad I know, but been impressed by their attendances over last few years ). Took a look at their squad to find both Gary Liddle and Blair Adams both play in defence for them . Impressed Gary Liddle is still playing at a decent level.
    They're averaging more than half of the teams in tier 5 and more than some of the women's Premier League teams, despite never having played as high as tier 6 before this season.

It's one of the great injustices in football I think that the town had their club re-located - not once but twice - to Gateshead with both variations folding after the move. We played both previous versions when they were still in South Shields, 16k watched our first league fixture against them in 1921 and we played the 2nd version of South Shields in the FA Cup in 1971. I hope they get into tier 5 soon.