+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions for Maynard

The toxicity comes from frustration and disappointment.

We could have been a contender.

But we won’t be because we failed to improve the defence and goalkeeping positions in the close season.

It was clear to most fans (some still argue it’s just the way we play and nothing to do with the players!) that despite conceding so few last season the defending was at times comical. And that circus has continued, only now we are playing far better teams who can actually put away balls into the box.

No matter how we play, we need decent players in all positions to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    It's not toxicity, it's frustration based on communication from the club. The last communication from the board said that we were pushing for automatic promotion. After the transfer window and new appointment, we find ourselves lower mid table failing to win a team at the bottom of the form table. Toxicity builds when communication is only one way as the fans don't feel heard. If the fans felt heard and communicated with, then the toxicity goes away
    No it's toxicity. When it gets personal then it's toxic and it has become personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    No it's toxicity. When it gets personal then it's toxic and it has become personal.
    I agree. I don't doubt that SM is putting in every ounce of effort and focus to find winning ways. It may be beyond him, but to personally insult a guy who was poached into what must have seemed a dream job, when we have all known for months that we have a massively imbalanced squad, seems uncalled for.

Any criticism is not nice but I'm afraid it is a possibility that any incumbent can expect when taking on such a position . Expectations and demands in the role are very high and particularly relevant at the timing of this appointment.
    You must agree that results have not been good enough and in an occupation where a person is judged on results only brave or naive people would accept to drink from the potential poisoned chalice.
    Agreed that there is a saying about the pen (or keyboard) being mightier than the sword.
    Any fans that have been present at the games and not left immediately after the final whistle , will confirm that there has not been any abuse or toxicity directed at the bench or the players .
    If you wish to compare ,there is an example of Scunny fans taking out their frustration on the players and staff after a
    heavy 4-0 at Darlington this season.
    Not a pleasant watch , I can assure you.

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldmagpie View Post
    I agree. I don't doubt that SM is putting in every ounce of effort and focus to find winning ways. It may be beyond him, but to personally insult a guy who was poached into what must have seemed a dream job, when we have all known for months that we have a massively imbalanced squad, seems uncalled for.
    I totally agree but unfortunately it’s where society is now and has been ramped up by social media. Poch yesterday was receiving chants of “you don’t know what you’re doing”.
    I’d keep SM till the end of the season, he has probably made mistakes and it was never going to be easy for anyone to come in after LW either.
    It’s just the mindless stupid ones I can’t get over, saying he was stupid putting 2 keepers on the bench when anyone with half a brain knew there would be a genuine reason for it.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I totally agree but unfortunately it’s where society is now and has been ramped up by social media. Poch yesterday was receiving chants of “you don’t know what you’re doing”.
    I’d keep SM till the end of the season, he has probably made mistakes and it was never going to be easy for anyone to come in after LW either.
    It’s just the mindless stupid ones I can’t get over, saying he was stupid putting 2 keepers on the bench when anyone with half a brain knew there would be a genuine reason for it.
    You can’t come on here talking sensibly! - what is this board coming to?

I agree. A line has been crossed from criticism to becoming personal and it’s in this thread which is sad and disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    It's not toxicity, it's frustration based on communication from the club. The last communication from the board said that we were pushing for automatic promotion. After the transfer window and new appointment, we find ourselves lower mid table failing to win a team at the bottom of the form table. Toxicity builds when communication is only one way as the fans don't feel heard. If the fans felt heard and communicated with, then the toxicity goes away
    The cliches about ‘toxic’ atmospheres are up there amongst my chief pet hates about modern football discourse. We’ve employed someone who appears to be a massively incompetent head coach, what do people expect?

I’ve got tickets for tomorrow night and I still probably can’t be arsed to go. That’s the alternative to people turning ‘toxic’ they just don’t bother going.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I agree. A line has been crossed from criticism to becoming personal and it’s in this thread which is sad and disappointing.
    Well said Mad_Magpie. It seems Mad Magpies are more sensible than Mad Dogs.

The way some of the posters on here have been talking, you'd think SM, and LW have been giving additional coaching sessions on how to make comical mistakes that lead to opposition goals.

The Brothers will have a lot of stats, as well as an inside ear to the ground.

For me, stay positive and I'm sure changes will follow, even if we disagree on what the changes should be.

As i have said before PM will be here untill the end of this season, then the re-build will start, as a guide it think that if PM has not acheived some kind of progress in the first few games of next season he will be deemed to have crossed the rubicon, he will then be gone.
    Last edited by The Dug Out; 18-03-2024 at 12:38 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast