+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Questions for Maynard

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    It's not toxicity, it's frustration based on communication from the club. The last communication from the board said that we were pushing for automatic promotion. After the transfer window and new appointment, we find ourselves lower mid table failing to win a team at the bottom of the form table. Toxicity builds when communication is only one way as the fans don't feel heard. If the fans felt heard and communicated with, then the toxicity goes away
    It's 100% toxicity. This thread is full of people laying into Maynard the person, not Maynard the football coach. It's absolutely embarrassing and people should be ashamed.

You can criticize his tactics and results without getting personal.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    1. If my WiFi goes off should I disconnect my router
    2. Why do you style yourself on mickey Pearce from fools and horses
    3 when are you going to fk off
    What kind of Knob are you?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    The cliches about ‘toxic’ atmospheres are up there amongst my chief pet hates about modern football discourse. We’ve employed someone who appears to be a massively incompetent head coach, what do people expect?

I’ve got tickets for tomorrow night and I still probably can’t be arsed to go. That’s the alternative to people turning ‘toxic’ they just don’t bother going.
    I'm going tomorrow mate and I reserve the right to chant you don't know what your doing at anyone who deserves it ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    It's 100% toxicity. This thread is full of people laying into Maynard the person, not Maynard the football coach. It's absolutely embarrassing and people should be ashamed.

This. For me it'll never work at Notts for him now but I don't like to see him called a clown and the like, very insulting and not true.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dug Out View Post
    As i have said before PM will be here untill the end of this season, then the re-build will start, as a guide it think that if PM has not acheived some kind of progress in the first few games of next season he will be deemed to have crossed the rubicon, he will then be gone.
    Do you really want him in charge pre season?? He seems nice enough but for whatever reasons he has failed to make any positive impact. I for one feel he couldnt of taken over at a more challenging time but Ive seen no evidence he has the strength and know how to improve us.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post

Good post. Most of those spraying vitriol would have a real hissy fit if the tables were turned. For what it's worth I think SM is out of his comfort zone through lack of experience and I don't think he can pull it round now but I can see he is trying all combinations to try and get things to work, it's not his fault he walked into a mess. People want to lay blame, then lay it fairly; the Bros, the recruiting, LW, and SM all have a share of the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by SinceSept1959 View Post
    Any criticism is not nice but I'm afraid it is a possibility that any incumbent can expect when taking on such a position . Expectations and demands in the role are very high and particularly relevant at the timing of this appointment.
    You must agree that results have not been good enough and in an occupation where a person is judged on results only brave or naive people would accept to drink from the potential poisoned chalice.
    Agreed that there is a saying about the pen (or keyboard) being mightier than the sword.
    Any fans that have been present at the games and not left immediately after the final whistle , will confirm that there has not been any abuse or toxicity directed at the bench or the players .
    If you wish to compare ,there is an example of Scunny fans taking out their frustration on the players and staff after a
    heavy 4-0 at Darlington this season.
    Not a pleasant watch , I can assure you.
    Several things here: 1. please explain why the original post isn't toxic (question 3 in particular)
    2. Agreed results have not been good enough, but that does not give permission to abuse someone personally.
    3. Why do we need to compare our behaviour with that of others? Both can be wrong. I was at Crawley, there absolutely was abuse directed at Cameron and SM, in particular. I had people on both sides of and behind me at the final whistle leaning over the barriers telling them to 'F*** off out of our club'. Some idiot wanted to fight anybody who thought Nemane should be on the field, and was happily abusing all and sundry throughout the second half. It was the most toxic that I have felt the atmosphere to be for a long time (and that was the word I used to describe the evening to my partner).

There are without doubt some knucklehead plebs amongst us.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    There are without doubt some knucklehead plebs amongst us.
    ThAts ToXiC.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Good post. Most of those spraying vitriol would have a real hissy fit if the tables were turned. For what it's worth I think SM is out of his comfort zone through lack of experience and I don't think he can pull it round now but I can see he is trying all combinations to try and get things to work, it's not his fault he walked into a mess. People want to lay blame, then lay it fairly; the Bros, the recruiting, LW, and SM all have a share of the blame.
    In what way did he walk into a ‘mess’? The defence could probably have been described as that, but in many ways he came into a situation vastly superior to that which most new Notts managers find.

How was it any more of a mess than what Mike Williamson, Nigel Adkins, Graham Alexander or Steve Cotterill found at their clubs and have still managed to improve their club’s results in a short period of time?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast