+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Sack the groundsman

Go back to sit where you want in any home stand and same for away supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Despite my criticism of Nelmsy and his part in pitch fiasco i really hope Dundee stick up for themselves here.

We owe that club nothing, we owe their supporters even less and we never ever get anything from spl.....**** them all.

Start pointing out the double standards.
    being the devils advocate here mate but wernt well hammered around the same time we knocked them out possibly the league cup

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Did you read the article and did you note how it operates?

You're suggesting a machine that will cut grooves, in a pitch that has undersoil heating infrastructure in place that could be damaged by the way, that will channel the water away from the grassed area to????????????? Where? The South East corner of the pitch where it will gather the same as it does now?

This machine would simply increase the efficiency with which the water, and the sand that it fills the grooves with, moves toward the problem area. Would possibly even make any blocked drain situation worse with all the sand.

Have you ever tried researching your suggestions before making them?
    The article was in a Greenkeeping magazine and it stated that this machine was used on football pitches up to Premier League standard.
    What solution do you have to resolve the continual problem of the Dens Park pitch becoming waterlogged every time there is either a couple of heavy showers a couple of hours before the game or steady rain the evening before a game.
    There are still a minimum of four league games to be played on the Dens Park pitch before the 2023-24 league season ends.
    I wonder if Nelms has a Plan B in place if heavy rain is forecast for the home games against Motherwell and Rangers to be played on Saturday 6th and Wednesday 10th April 2024 respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    The article was in a Greenkeeping magazine and it stated that this machine was used on football pitches up to Premier League standard.
    What solution do you have to resolve the continual problem of the Dens Park pitch becoming waterlogged every time there is either a couple of heavy showers a couple of hours before the game or steady rain the evening before a game.
    There are still a minimum of four league games to be played on the Dens Park pitch before the 2023-24 league season ends.
    I wonder if Nelms has a Plan B in place if heavy rain is forecast for the home games against Motherwell and Rangers to be played on Saturday 6th and Wednesday 10th April 2024 respectively.
    I don't have a solution, but I can see that the machine you linked wouldn't work in our situation..

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    being the devils advocate here mate but wernt well hammered around the same time we knocked them out possibly the league cup
    50k suspended I think.

It's more rangers em on aboot, owe them **** all.

As I say dens is in a shocking state but winnae take any lectures from them.

The solution lies in improving the drainage of rainfall from the areas that consistently flood. Don't know how to do that but someone should be able to fix it, perhaps not possible during the season but it needs to be done during the close season.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    50k suspended I think.

It's more rangers em on aboot, owe them **** all.

As I say dens is in a shocking state but winnae take any lectures from them.
    Feckin detest these c@nt's with a passion.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    The solution lies in improving the drainage of rainfall from the areas that consistently flood. Don't know how to do that but someone should be able to fix it, perhaps not possible during the season but it needs to be done during the close season.
    Tim Keyes will need to spend some serious money fixing the drainage problem for the whole pitch once and for all. If the two Brian’s were still employed by the club they would know exactly where the drainage problems are with the pitch but Nelms does not like dissension from the ranks so they are no longer employed by the Club.

Tim Keyes will need to spend some serious money fixing the drainage problem for the whole pitch once and for all. If the two Brian’s were still employed by the club they would know exactly where the drainage problems are with the pitch but Nelms does not like dissension from the ranks so they are no longer employed by the Club.
    So you know why they were suspended?

What I heard was that the 'dissension' was the ex groundsmen not doing what they were told by Nelms (as you speculate) i.e. he (Nelms) wanted them to cover the pitch to protect it from the rain, they didn't. That, if true and I believe it is, brings an interest set of questions. Who knew more about the state of the pitch Nelms or the ex groundsmen? Many on here have thought that covering the pitch would be a waste of time; was that the thoughts of the two Brians?

If I recall correctly you, Islay, advocated covering the pitch and criticised the club for not doing so over the season to date. My own opinion is that covering the pitch would have been largely pointless and that I would have thought that experienced groundsmen would have known more on such matters than Nelms. You, Islay, would be in the position of agreeing with Nelms (horror of horrors for you) and disagreeing with the Robertsons on the covering of the pitch but the tone of your post was to suggest getting rid of the two Brian's as a big mistake and that was all the fault of Nelms. You can't have it both ways or does your all consuming hatred of Nelms cloud all other judgement?

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)