+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Centenary celebrations but will it be Tony Stewart's last?

Quote Originally Posted by Jocksgloves1 View Post
    Look, it's been a bad season, on and off the pitch. It's a bl**dy game, not life and death. Nobody is forced to go. Find another hobby for next year, maybe self-financing?
    I get a lot of the latest posts have become wind ups to coincide with new member(s) to this board, but abusing each other, managers, players, staff and the owner on here won't make the team win anymore matches then usual.
    I shall continue to go even if we dropped through the leagues. I went with my Dad, brother and friends, my late wife and kids. Now I go with my grandson. It's what my family do.
    Couldn't agree more.

There was a bloke on Saturday about 10 rows back from me who got up on his own and was screaming in absolute rage to a point where it looked like his head might explode, I'm not sure if it was directed at TS, LR or the players as it was incomprehensible. I just thought to myself 'I could never get that angry about football'. It doesn't make you a bigger fan, it just means you've got deeper issues than Rotherham being bottom of the league.

It's fair to say that most people on here are the wrong side of 50,not sure why,but there you go, so I guess you've been watching the Millers at least as long as me.
    So why are so many people saying "it's never been as bad" ,or "I'm not going again ".
    In my lifetime we had 5 or 6 decent seasons before TS came along ,at least 2 of those were done on money we didn't have, and whole decades of 3rd and 4th division football.
    Yes,this season has been sh*t,but I'm sure we'll be back here again, hopefully a little stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Couldn't agree more.

There was a bloke on Saturday about 10 rows back from me who got up on his own and was screaming in absolute rage to a point where it looked like his head might explode, I'm not sure if it was directed at TS, LR or the players as it was incomprehensible. I just thought to myself 'I could never get that angry about football'. It doesn't make you a bigger fan, it just means you've got deeper issues than Rotherham being bottom of the league.
    And showing more passion than any of the players

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    It's fair to say that most people on here are the wrong side of 50,not sure why,but there you go, so I guess you've been watching the Millers at least as long as me.
    So why are so many people saying "it's never been as bad" ,or "I'm not going again ".
    In my lifetime we had 5 or 6 decent seasons before TS came along ,at least 2 of those were done on money we didn't have, and whole decades of 3rd and 4th division football.
    Yes,this season has been sh*t,but I'm sure we'll be back here again, hopefully a little stronger.
    It has been a lot worse than this and I am sure we will do ok next season, certainly top half of L1. I think a lot of frustrations come from the fringes, for the want of a better phrase. What I mean is comments from the club or certain people that don't add up or you know are misleading, why do that? I mean letting a club go from having an award winning pitch to the one we have now, from promises about building up the infrastructure to the fact we can't train our team due to rain!! (It is england it rains alot). the fact we have appointed a DoF and have heard nothing from him post the appointment. He should be laying out a vision for all levels of football at the club, a strategy to be followed to achieve that vision and clear plans and milestones for implementing that strategy, where is that? These things are not hard to do, they can be done within the constraints that the club operates within, it might not please some that think we should be upper championship trying to be a Luton but it would resonate with most fans and it would be honest.

Absolutely everything is against Rotherham United and my own club making a better fist of it in the championship .

The championship is total madness and about as fair as a Russian General Election .

I'm absolutely dreading the fact we could go up through the play offs because I know what's coming , you have to ask yourself what's the point .

The reality is we are both league one club's that have a season or two in the championship and don't see anything that's going to change that .

There's always the odd survival season that lures you in to thinking we've finally cracked it but reality is never too far away the following season .

I work on the basis that I've seen my club's best days and most probably won't be seeing them again which at least is something I suppose .

For all the money Derby County and Wednesday threw at the championship the fact was both club's better days were long gone because sure as eggs are eggs Derby County won't be English Champions again twice in four seasons .

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    And showing more passion than any of the players
    Is having a public meltdown over a football match showing passion?

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    It has been a lot worse than this and I am sure we will do ok next season, certainly top half of L1. I think a lot of frustrations come from the fringes, for the want of a better phrase. What I mean is comments from the club or certain people that don't add up or you know are misleading, why do that? I mean letting a club go from having an award winning pitch to the one we have now, from promises about building up the infrastructure to the fact we can't train our team due to rain!! (It is england it rains alot). the fact we have appointed a DoF and have heard nothing from him post the appointment. He should be laying out a vision for all levels of football at the club, a strategy to be followed to achieve that vision and clear plans and milestones for implementing that strategy, where is that? These things are not hard to do, they can be done within the constraints that the club operates within, it might not please some that think we should be upper championship trying to be a Luton but it would resonate with most fans and it would be honest.
    There lies the problem, having no long term plan.What is the point of creating a director of football who has no vision.We seem to run on a month to month basis spending as little as possible by papering over the cracks.So none of the problems get solved and end up in a situation like we are in with no proper training facilities.Changing the manager won't make any difference until we thoroughly examine what needs to be done back of office.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Couldn't agree more.

Yep.

The toxicity, even when we're winning, has got worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    Yep.

The toxicity, even when we're winning, has got worse.
    Without doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Maybe fans perception of what is bad depends on when they first started watching them. Look at that dip in the late 1980s and most of 1990s, for those old enough the 1950s and 1960s looks like our best period.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...erformance.svg
    Name:  RotherhamUnitedFC_League_Performance.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  20.6 KB
    Last edited by fc_miller; 18-03-2024 at 11:11 AM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast