+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Centenary celebrations but will it be Tony Stewart's last?

Centenary celebrations but will it be Tony Stewart's last?

Next year sees Rotherham United celebrate it's Centenary year since forming in 1925. Fast forward to the present day, anyone could write reams on Tony Stewart and of his tenure at RUFC after what he's achieved since owning the club.

The big question that has to be asked is, will it be his last as Chairman of Rotherham United? Will he take the opportunity to bow out gracefully at the end of the season with hopefully another promotion to savour or, carry on to the end, as he's often stated he's 'in it til the end'?

tHiS dEfiNiTeLy wOn'T PoLaRiSe oPiNiOnS

As far as I am concerned, TS took over the club, admitting he knew nothing about football.
    Though he could run a business.
    That is exactly what he has done and we still are in a LOT better position than when he took over.
    Some people are never satisfied.

Without Mr Stewart there would be no Rotherham United, simple as that.
    The last 20 years have been the most turbulent and exciting in the clubs history, there are many,many clubs who would loved to have been us recently, however have we reached our peak ?
    I still believe its possible for us to compete in the championship without huge investment, but we'd need a great manager, half a dozen really good players, and a chunk of luck.
    Failing that we will carry on(hopefully) as we we have been for the last 10 years, unless something dramatic happens again.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    As far as I am concerned, TS took over the club, admitting he knew nothing about football.
    Though he could run a business.
    That is exactly what he has done and we still are in a LOT better position than when he took over.
    Some people are never satisfied.
    Agree entirely.

Let us say an airline pilot, had an exemplary record for 8 or 9 years and during that time took all the plaudits, winning pilot of the year on numerous occasions.

But then there follows a period when his abilities have started to decline, amid reports of erratic behaviour, puzzling decisions and a sharp increase in bumpy landings.

Would you stick by him because he did well in previous years?

More importantly would you buy a ticket to get on a plane he was flying?

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Let us say an airline pilot, had an exemplary record for 8 or 9 years and during that time took all the plaudits, winning pilot of the year on numerous occasions.

But then there follows a period when his abilities have started to decline, amid reports of erratic behaviour, puzzling decisions and a sharp increase in bumpy landings.

Why don't you take over then,?
    As I said , we are in a much better place than TS took over.

Excellent point.

That's why I wouldn't buy a season ticket, even if I didnt have the working restrictions that make it impossible.

That very real risk, under TS stewardship, of potential mortal peril simply isn't worth the risk.
    He's lucky I chance it on the few occasions I'm able 😆

I would probably blame Boeing…!.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    I would probably blame Boeing…!.
    I blame too much Châteauneuf-du-Pape AOC.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast