+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Centenary celebrations but will it be Tony Stewart's last?

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Why don't you take over then,?
    Why does anyone think this is a way to prove a point?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    I blame too much Châteauneuf-du-Pape AOC.
    You don’t come cheap 😂

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Let us say an airline pilot, had an exemplary record for 8 or 9 years and during that time took all the plaudits, winning pilot of the year on numerous occasions.

But then there follows a period when his abilities have started to decline, amid reports of erratic behaviour, puzzling decisions and a sharp increase in bumpy landings.

Would you stick by him because he did well in previous years?

More importantly would you buy a ticket to get on a plane he was flying?
    I am of the same opinion.

But then you and I have more information on the subject. Your thoughts on him doesn’t mean he’s never been good for the club because you know full well what he’s done for it and that Rotherham United have profited from his involvement.

Whatever happens he’ll be remembered fondly by every fan and he’ll be respected by most.

But his tenure will come to an end. I hope he’ll not be seen as profiteering because it could do depending how much he sells for.

I’ve said it before, I believe he deserves the century celebration and the accolades but hope he relinquishes the role after.

A championship trophy will be fitting next season as he drives into the sunset.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I am of the same opinion.

But then you and I have more information on the subject. Your thoughts on him doesn’t mean he’s never been good for the club because you know full well what he’s done for it and that Rotherham United have profited from his involvement.

Whatever happens he’ll be remembered fondly by every fan and he’ll be respected by most.

But his tenure will come to an end. I hope he’ll not be seen as profiteering because it could do depending how much he sells for.

I’ve said it before, I believe he deserves the century celebration and the accolades but hope he relinquishes the role after.

A championship trophy will be fitting next season as he drives into the sunset.
    Yes I agree. He has done us enormous good on the whole.

Those days are over.

Important his legacy is not tarnished too much, by selling to a responsible owner.

Maybe that opportunity has been missed already

Let us say an airline pilot, had an exemplary record for 8 or 9 years and during that time took all the plaudits, winning pilot of the year on numerous occasions.

But then there follows a period when his abilities have started to decline, amid reports of erratic behaviour, puzzling decisions and a sharp increase in bumpy landings.

It depends on whether there were flights with alternate pilots available.

I'd take heed of the fact that flights in this particular aircraft had suffered numerous near fatal misses before the current pilot took over.

I'd also bear in mind that I was contemplating taking a flight in a world in which numerous aircraft had crashed spectacularly after other pilots had ignored safety checks and pushed aircraft beyond their capabilities.

On that basis, I might well opt for the odd bit of turbulence and the occasional bumpy landing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Next year sees Rotherham United celebrate it's Centenary year since forming in 1925. Fast forward to the present day, anyone could write reams on Tony Stewart and of his tenure at RUFC after what he's achieved since owning the club.

The big question that has to be asked is, will it be his last as Chairman of Rotherham United? Will he take the opportunity to bow out gracefully at the end of the season with hopefully another promotion to savour or, carry on to the end, as he's often stated he's 'in it til the end'?
    All depends on what he means as “the end”.

The reason this recent charter plane got into difficulty is because he hired the wrong pilot twice, and the best pilot we had left because he got fed up of going the cheaper route all the time.

He deserves a swansong season for what he has done in the past for us. There are a lot of things at the moment he does warrant criticism for as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    It depends on whether there were flights with alternate pilots available.

I'd take heed of the fact that flights in this particular aircraft had suffered numerous near fatal misses before the current pilot took over.

I'd also bear in mind that I was contemplating taking a flight in a world in which numerous aircraft had crashed spectacularly after other pilots had ignored safety checks and pushed aircraft beyond their capabilities.

On that basis, I might well opt for the odd bit of turbulence and the occasional bumpy landing.
    He’s not going to live forever. At some time in the not too distant future he’ll leave RUFC as owner one way or another.

I think that IBS like all of us wouldn’t like to see the club crash and burn before he hangs up his yellow tie.

I think we can all be thankful that this season isn't the centenary one, how depressing would that be? Naturally, that's on the assumption that next season will be better

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast