+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Big Joe

Big Joe

Seems like 5 mins since people were saying he was the worst Brazilian since Stevie Wonder shaved his lasses bits.
    Nowadays we miss his drive, bite and determination so much that we look weak in the middle when he isn't playing.
    I dread to think where we will be if he doesn't sign his new contract, it clearly has to be no1 priority to get him signed up for another few years, hopefully ending his career here.
    Different team with him and Bruno smashing it in midfield.

Agreed, he is a massive miss and his strength and never say die attitude unsettles teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Beef stew View Post
    Seems like 5 mins since people were saying he was the worst Brazilian since Stevie Wonder shaved his lasses bits. .
    ffs

Aye, he's been a massive miss-more than any of us possibly realised even untol recently.

New contract is absolutely the number obe priority at the minute (which, I think, the club realise, tbf)

I think it'll come to be honest.

He's started doing Newcastle stuff on his social media again and you've got people that know him on the case of the new contract now.

But you are 100% right that we miss him and it's really noticable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    I think it'll come to be honest.

He's started doing Newcastle stuff on his social media again and you've got people that know him on the case of the new contract now.

But you are 100% right that we miss him and it's really noticable.
    Agree Jammy. Howe's responses are a lot more assertive on the matter in recent pre-match press interviews.

Since he got his own fitness coach and the introduction 'His intenseness' Joelintoon has arguably the best turn of a career at the club in my life time.

He was a beast, last season but it was the minute those lads got those Tommy Bahama shirts with his face on them was the moment when it absolutely hit me, that he's become the player we all hoped he would be.

When he signed, I was literally like 'Ehh, who?' We all know how bad the cabbage patch days were. No need to relive it.

The time he went to shoot for goal, managed to get his body all twisted around, and kicked the ball into his own F**K face!!!

Yeah man, that lad is absolutely integral to the team. As good as Bruno is, I'd argue between the two, possibly tripz, Joelinton is the first name on the team sheet.

He's terrifying, it's brilliant. Can't wait to see the lad back in a Black and White Shirt. We will get that contract done. What's it gonna cost to replace him?

Caicedo is/was (at Brighton) supposed to be a ball winner, he went for £115million.

What's Joelinton gotta be worth?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post

When he signed, I was literally like 'Ehh, who?' We all know how bad the cabbage patch days were. No need to relive it.

The time he went to shoot for goal, managed to get his body all twisted around, and kicked the ball into his own F**K face!!!

Tis a fact. So Eddie and big joe deserve the credit for the player he is now.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)