+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yellow card for taking your shirt off, wtf?

Ref a game sometime. Watch the clown take his “shirt” off incenting the other team. Watch the season ending cheap shot that results from it and then go to that teams coach and explain how the match got out of control.

Offiating is hard enough without having things that are easy to control such as leaving your “ shirt on”.

It’s a simple rule to understand and officiate and its one that was probably pushed by refs to keep things calmer.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    I know nothing about what happened. I’d rather jerk off than watch scum play.

However, I agree 100% with the shirt removal rule. It’s a 100% inflammatory action that serves no purpose other than to rub the other teams face in it. What’s next?
    Drooping your drawers, mooning fans, tugging at your Johnson or acting like you rogering someone. Any ref will tell you that the post goal moments in a game are the trickiest to control. The last thing you need is someone taking his kit off and rubbing salt in the wound.

Just celebrate briefly and then line up to play the rest of the match
    "Just celebrate briefly and then line up to play the rest of the match"...... like these?

https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1505298247660752900

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOat4MH47Fo

https://www.tiktok.com/@reecewa1te/v...52966438489350

Not a single word of criticism from me as to what these players did, they have a passion for Leeds and the ability to do what most of us can only dream of, but sanctioned for being passionate, for celebrating with their fellow players and the fans over the other side of those perimeter fences, WTF? And if they are allowed that passion, and the opportunity to celebrate, and they damned well should be, then forgive me for any appearance of disloyalty, but so is EVERY football player, at any level, anywhere, including Scum.

Ref a game sometime. Watch the clown take his “shirt” off incenting the other team. Watch the season ending cheap shot that results from it and then go to that teams coach and explain how the match got out of control.

Offiating is hard enough without having things that are easy to control such as leaving your “ shirt on”.

It’s a simple rule to understand and officiate and its one that was probably pushed by refs to keep things calmer.
    "Keep things calmer"?

Perhaps if those representing the officials and the games governing bodies were to press for the same kind of rules that apply to rugby union, where some small bloke in a refs outfit controls a ton of rugby players on each side, with nothing more than a a whistle and some stern words, we might all enjoy a "calmer" game of professional football?

Likely? I think not, let's have a rule about players not taking their shirts off, that's going to be much more effective, sorry "easier"!

Really no different than a “bad foul “. However you get 2 of them a game. Commit enough of them and you’ll cost your team enough games you’ll end up unemployed

He’s a clown 🤡 with no impulse control. It wasn’t an isolated case like your examples

Really no different than a “bad foul “. However you get 2 of them a game. Commit enough of them and you’ll cost your team enough games you’ll end up unemployed

He’s a clown �� with no impulse control. It wasn’t an isolated case like your examples
    Err, I found those "isolated cases" in about 4 minutes on Youtube, I suspect I could fill an entire hour with similar, and happy to do so, I enjoy watching Leeds players celebrate scoring!!!!!!

I suspect that despite your view of his lack of "impulse control" Farke would be happy to have him at LUFC IF he was affordable (unlikely).

The part of the rule sanctioning the removal of a shirt is stupid, it serves next to no purpose and there are enormous numbers of where the "rule" it is included within is breached with absolutely no action on the part of match officials (because it would be TOO F00KING HARD to do).

As I say, if the powers that be want to "calm the game" there are very simple and demonstrable examples of what can be done, but that would mean they would have to work a bit harder (I guess its easy to see if a player takes their shirt off, you think?)

and for the record, I DID NOT want to start an argument, just wanted to understand why the bit of the rule regarding shirt removal was included. Sadly i now firmly disagree with why it's there/
    Last edited by WTF11; 17-03-2024 at 10:37 PM.

I agree more people might chance their view generally on many things to do with football and behaviour if they had to ref a game.

Kids games and dealing with difficult parents can be challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    I agree more people might chance their view generally on many things to do with football and behaviour if they had to ref a game.

Kids games and dealing with difficult parents can be challenging.
    Removing your shirt after scoring pales into insignificance when it comes to the dissent and abuse referees are regularly subjected to in EVERY professional football match that has been broadcast in recent times. If THAT is the problem that the shirt "bit" is intended to address, it is sadly misplaced and misses the point hugely. Adopt what rugby has been using for some time, and dissent would rapidly disappear from the professional game, followed very shortly afterwards by that in the lower leagues, including kids games.

Nice try folks....but you just know you are all wrong. 😊

Examples of some "unsportsmanlike conduct" are not limited to fighting/physical altercations, verbal abuse and/or harassing comments, and moral/ethical decisions that go against league rules or "endanger the safety of any individuals".

My younger brother is often "reminded" not to engage with banter from spectators no matter what intimidation or objects comes his way as a keeper.
    He cannot mark his position guide aids by marking his goal area with his studs either.
    He is even required to place his water bottle in a safe & convenient position too & his Coach asks him not to spit onto the pitch during any defensive set ups.
    The Ref must have such matters drawn to their attention if any of the above cause issue, apparently in his U20 league level matches.

Rightly or wrongly emotions can run high & unwittingly rules are broken obviously but in fairness the guidelines are reasonable 'tho examples of not being followed are plain to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Nice try folks....but you just know you are all wrong. ��
    Not saying anyone is right or wrong, expressing an opinion, regarding the stupidity of a rule that is ineffective and inconsistently applied, and none of that helps either players, clubs, or officials to manage the game performance, reduce the kind of disgusting abuses that players dish out to officials, nor how that translates into the behaviour of players in the lower/amateur leagues, when presumably that's what the "rule" in intended to do?

Show me how issuing a yellow to a player who takes their shirt off having scored helps to address any of those issues, because so far, here and in the real world, I haven't seen any evidence.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)