+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Ayres - One to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    The problem with playing youngsters still remains

It takes a brave manager to put them on the pitch in the Championship, and most wouldn’t do it in league 1 if we are in the top 8

It needs us to be mid table league 1 to risk playing them
    Or a brave manager, look at the kids that Klopp has started at Liverpool, pep at city

Is it eaves junior? Na can't be, he scored

Looks a good prospect. Seen him a couple o times. Please do not knacker him up RUFC.

Guy branston said there will be scouts a plenty watching him already..!..

I don’t know why we are not putting these youngsters in the squad now,what’s left for fans to watch,nothing better encouraging and cheering on younger lads giving there all and trying their best.why are we even persevering with some of those older players who are clearly not going to be here next season,and also save some appearance money in the meantime,Swiss Tony will like that..!.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    I hope you don't put the gru kiss of death on the McGuckin like you do on every other young player you 'spot'. Having said that you were probably actually looking at Josh Ayres and didn't realise.

Can only remember McGuckin from pre-season friendly's. Douglas can vaguely remember was he a tall centre back?

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    Or a brave manager, look at the kids that Klopp has started at Liverpool, pep at city
    Kids that have had the full benefit of world class academies behind them

We’re just a bit different

I recall us giving a certain young forward called George Hirst a go in the Championship who was abysmal and we brought him in to do us a job.

Why can’t one of our own youngsters be given a run, a chance to prove himself? This season is over what’s it going to hurt? I know I’d fit him in somewhere if only for 20 minutes or so, what’s to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Kids that have had the full benefit of world class academies behind them

We’re just a bit different
    very true, but it is all relative. We have 8 games left, we are down it is common sense to add a couple of the best youngsters to the bench, to let them have a run out but make it very clear we are doing this to help develop our players and that we hope the fans will encourage them during this period.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    very true, but it is all relative. We have 8 games left, we are down it is common sense to add a couple of the best youngsters to the bench, to let them have a run out but make it very clear we are doing this to help develop our players and that we hope the fans will encourage them during this period.
    I agree, we should do exactly that but maybe we have made promises to loaning clubs that their players have to be picked.?

Apart from Wiles, name me any home grown player to make it into the first team…..in Stewart's time? You can go back further if you like.
    mcG was only used because Taylor had no one else.

It’s a shocking affair….last year we RELEASED a youth player to Man U. It may be nice thing to help a kid up the ladder, but rather than bring him on further (and get more money later as he develops) we get a cheap release fee now.
    That’s Stewart all over.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast