+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forest deducted 4 points

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Why were Everton deducted 6 points ( after appealing) and the not so tricky trees 4 points.??
    Depends on how much they go over and if you are being open.

Unless you are Man City of course then you can win EVERY trophy and nothing happens to them complete sham of a set up.

They had the expert back on talkSport this morning, he thinks Fword might be able to get it reduced to 2 or 3 points on appeal. He didn't think there was any double standards regards Everton despite one of their fans ringing in and trying to argue his club didn't gain an advantage on the field as they'd overspent on the stadium, but the expert felt Everton fans were misinformed on this and that Fowrd getting a lesser punishment is correct. Chelsea were predicted to be in a similar position next season.

Excellent news for us County fans, but they're making a real mess of this

As Pedro says, why NF 4pts? Why Everton 10, then 6? Once you start plucking random numbers out of the air and conflating them with certain misdemeanours you start to interfere with the league, its positions and the fortunes of all its clubs in the most arbitrary and distorting way. The integrity of the league is compromised by this non-sporting interference.

It seems simple to me. If a club is found guilty of breaking the league's rules, it shouldn't play in that league.
    It has to be instant relegation - and the place has to go to a club that has not broken the rules. Void that club's fixtures and all the points gained by opponents.

Even for Forest, I'm saying next league down - championship rather than L2 say...
    ....no, for Forest I'm saying bottom of the pyramid, tier 10 or 11

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Depends on how much they go over and if you are being open.

Unless you are Man City of course then you can win EVERY trophy and nothing happens to them complete sham of a set up.
    I read that the "Not so tricky Tress"spent more than Everton !!!?

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I read that the "Not so tricky Tress"spent more than Everton !!!?
    Its all murky stuff Ped...

Championship have different rules to PL and also Everton wages would be higher over that period too you'd think !

The problem the PL has got is nothing is set in stone so every club with big lawyers are going to argue this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scanlon's Hat Trick View Post
    They have tried to buy success (survival in the premiership) and cheat the system. The punishment is very lenient but should ensure that any appeal (if lodged) is quickly dismissed.
    Doesn’t every Prem team do this tho? Personally, allegiances aside, if Forest and other promoted teams don’t spend, they don’t survive and therefore it’s pointless being promoted. As such, they have been hard done by, especially when the big hitters break hundreds of rules.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12