+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 📅Pre-Match Build-Up Thread: Bradford City (A) 19.03.24

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Great news that Scott is close to a return! That must have been some bust-up he had with Maynard, going back to before he became Notts head coach.

Also good to hear that Brindley and Didzy are close to a return following their bust-ups. Oh and Jatta too - I was worried that his bust-up had been worse.

Can't wait to have Matty Palmer back, but some bust-ups take longer to resolve than others. If only Maynard wasn't so inexperienced, eh.
    Brilliant 😂

Just noticed that Colchester have rearranged their home match v Doncaster for 23rd April, so that means Colchester will have 9 points still to play for when they arrive at Meadow Lane three days earlier whilst Notts will have 6 to play for.
    If FGR or Sutton do enough to put them in the bottom two and we aren't at least 10 pts clear of them on the morning of 20th April, we won't be mathematically safe going into the penultimate Saturday match.

We should be at least 10 pts clear of them by then (the gap is currently 15pts) but not impossible that we won't be if Maynard's recent form continues as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Don't you think you might be overplaying this now?

I don't care how many bust ups there have been, the key point is we have 5 points from 10 games and that is not consolidation.
    Compared to people coming on here and making up negative and destructive rumours to further undermine our head coach and create a narrative that he's to blame for key players not being in the squad, no, I don't think I'm overplaying it.

Compared to people coming on here and making up negative and destructive rumours to further undermine our head coach and create a narrative that he's to blame for key players not being in the squad, no, I don't think I'm overplaying it.
    Couldn’t agree more it’s absolutely fine making up rumours, calling SM every name under the sun but making light heart of that isn’t ???
    I for one hopes he can turn it around, everyone needs to step up on this situations, coaching staff, players and fans.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Couldn’t agree more it’s absolutely fine making up rumours, calling SM every name under the sun but making light heart of that isn’t ???
    I for one hopes he can turn it around, everyone needs to step up on this situations, coaching staff, players and fans.
    It's ridiculous. We give our own coach more grief than we do any opposition players or coaches.

Totally agree - and I hope he turns it around as well.

Well said.

Lots of people happy to be critical of Maynard and maybe there is a small degree of justification. However, at Accrington it was Langstaff that put two headers over the bar when the least he should have done is was test the keeper. It was Cameron that gave them a free hit from 12yds rather than trust his teammates. I for one will give him more time but he needs a result quickly, maybe we will turn the corner tonight. COYP

Quote Originally Posted by Togtastic View Post
    Lots of people happy to be critical of Maynard and maybe there is a small degree of justification. However, at Accrington it was Langstaff that put two headers over the bar when the least he should have done is was test the keeper. It was Cameron that gave them a free hit from 12yds rather than trust his teammates. I for one will give him more time but he needs a result quickly, maybe we will turn the corner tonight. COYP
    I agree and SM won’t be without fault but these players making mistakes SM has no real options to replace them with, the team about picks itself at the moment and there lies the problem. For me the loss of Palmer and then Bostocks lack of form since his injury has killed us in centre mid coupled with the ongoing defensive mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Could'vebeenacontender View Post
    Didzy is a good guy and has been injured
    There's been no bust up
    Dont ruin it for the conspiracy theorists!!!

It's ridiculous. We give our own coach more grief than we do any opposition players or coaches.

Totally agree - and I hope he turns it around as well.
    Its worse than that! Some actually want him and us to lose..!? I think its so they can justify their criticism and turn around and say I told you so.!! Unbelievable jeff !!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast