+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 📅Pre-Match Build-Up Thread: Bradford City (A) 19.03.24

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I agree and SM won’t be without fault but these players making mistakes SM has no real options to replace them with, the team about picks itself at the moment and there lies the problem. For me the loss of Palmer and then Bostocks lack of form since his injury has killed us in centre mid coupled with the ongoing defensive mistakes.
    Agree 100%
    Our better, more genuine players are trying to back the new boss

The proof in the pudding can only be in the results

5pts from 30 at a total season pace of 23pts won't cut it.

If the owners want to be the exception and write-off what's on track to be one of the worst half-season's in our history, then they will have to accept that this will be at the expense of all our momentum, feelgood factor, players' commitment and loyalty, newfound attending fans and thousands off the gate probably.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    The proof in the pudding can only be in the results

5pts from 30 at a total season pace of 23pts won't cut it.

If the owners want to be the exception and write-off what's on track to be one of the worst half-season's in our history, then they will have to accept that this will be at the expense of all our momentum, feelgood factor, players' commitment and loyalty, newfound attending fans and thousands off the gate probably.
    Which could all be regained if he cracks it and we start winning consistently again.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Which could all be regained if he cracks it and we start winning consistently again.
    Or could be exacerbated if we swap and the new manager continues along the same path. I guess it comes down to balancing the risks of sticking with the risk of twisting again.. and only those that know what is going on behind the scenes will know what difference is being made; basically the board and half the people on this board (who seem to be suddenly au fait with all the infighting, arguments and downing of tools).

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Can you hear that oink oink noise outside your bedroom window.....gets closer, then fades away...

Evidence for that is very thin on the ground. And let's not underestimate how difficult it is to recapture those precious things once lost.
    Season tickets sales for example are either buoyed or sunk by the feelgood factor on the one hand or whatever the opposite of that is on the other
    Last edited by the_anticlough; 19-03-2024 at 03:39 PM.

I know managers don’t want to say anything to give the opposition motive and LW certainly at times paid far too much respect to the opposition with his post and pre match interviews but this interview doesn't help SM one bit. Even the Mansfield lot are poking fun at his comments in this interview on their match with Bradford at the weekend, it was a drubbing, Mansfield could have got another 9 goal win. SM would have looked far better saying we need to look at what Mansfield did to them and try and impose ourselves on the game as they did. Stop talking the opposition up and instead get our players psyched up!

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I agree and SM won’t be without fault but these players making mistakes SM has no real options to replace them with, the team about picks itself at the moment and there lies the problem. For me the loss of Palmer and then Bostocks lack of form since his injury has killed us in centre mid coupled with the ongoing defensive mistakes.
    Exactly, he's come into a job where we were well out of form. We've been down the bottom of the form table for the last 20 games really. Our drop out of the top 7 was on the cards even with Williams in charge. We just didn't have the strength in depth to cope with the lose of Palmer and Scott to an extent. Then factor is we haven't bother to strengthen with experience in the defence and keeper department. Maynard was a bave man accepting the job in the first place but why wouldn't he.

I just want a win and I don’t care how we get it, we can discuss the finer points when we’re safe.

Quote Originally Posted by NottsNotCounty View Post
    I know managers don’t want to say anything to give the opposition motive and LW certainly at times paid far too much respect to the opposition with his post and pre match interviews but this interview doesn't help SM one bit. Even the Mansfield lot are poking fun at his comments in this interview on their match with Bradford at the weekend, it was a drubbing, Mansfield could have got another 9 goal win. SM would have looked far better saying we need to look at what Mansfield did to them and try and impose ourselves on the game as they did. Stop talking the opposition up and instead get our players psyched up!
    I’d have laughed at him if he said we need to be like Mansfield. They are miles better than we are. FFS even Bradford are higher in the league than us. So yes, playing up the opposition in the presser IMO is fair enough.
    Notts need to play like Notts can when we have possession and to somehow cut down on the brain farts.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123