+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Bradford City [EFL L2] 19.03.24

Makes you think their place at the top of L2 average attendances might be bullcrap. They might be getting less than us and Wrexham

They sold over 15,000 season tickets this season and those tickets are counted in every home game, so if only 1,000 fans turned up on the day the official attendance would be given as 16,000. It's not a fraud, clubs are allowed to announce ticket sales instead of bums in seats and they have been doing it for years, so famously have Arsenal and our neighbours too.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, Bradford fans who regularly go to home games estimated last night's crowd at being somewhere between 5 and 6,000. They're also saying that season ticket prices are going through the roof next season and that crowds will probably be down to that level every game

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Makes you think their place at the top of L2 average attendances might be bullcrap. They might be getting less than us and Wrexham
    They have had those big crowds for some of the meatier fixtures but yes their average attendance must be open to serious doubt

Jatta looks like a usefull palyer, and then our usual top perfomers did well like langstaff, Crawley and Jones were on top form
    I was delighted with tghe win, but i am still cautious that we have turned the corner based on 1 game- even Stallard said Notts recently had not had the run of the green, but last night they did.
    I remind people at 1-0. a sub came on and hit the post for bradford , if it had gone to 1-1 would Notts have crumbled?
    So to sum up happy with win, but jury still out

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    They're also saying that season ticket prices are going through the roof next season and that crowds will probably be down to that level every game
    Their prices next season - not including the 100 quid early bird discount - are almost the same as ours this, 350 quid for an adult (not in the Kop).

High percent possession again, difference being scoring more than the other team for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmysirrelsmassivetooth View Post
    High percent possession again, difference being scoring more than the other team for a change.
    This is the first time in a long while we’ve had 20 efforts on goal in a game, with 12 of them on target. Other than the final scoreline, this is the stat that matters most to me.

Let’s hope the corner has been turned and we now go on a winning streak. This is such a weird division - so many teams outside the top 3 have oscillated between promotion-winning and relegation-threatening form, and we’ve become one of them. We really need a decent home performance, though, as all of the good ones under SM have been away from ML.

Fake gate figures is a real pet hate of mine, I feel it's a very important indicator as to how well or badly clubs are being run and whether or not managers have the backing of the fans. When you see clubs are getting higher gates than usual, you think "Well some momentum must be happening there", but nowadays you question whether or not those in charge are just disguising a problem attracting enough support.
    West Ham are the chief culprits for inflated gate figures in the PL, adding as many as 17k to announce a gate of 56k.

In the past the opposite was often true, official gates being lower than the true figure due to corrupt gate operators not counting everybody through so they could take the money for themselves or allowing kids to duck under the turnstile and possibly tax evasion also.

Can’t disagree with the praise for all the usual suspects but last night I thought Nemane had one of his best games for Notts. He was a constant menace, like he can often be, but his defensive work was night and day better than what it usually is. He was much closer and physical when defending and I thought he coped very well…..think he even blocked a cross coming in!

Yes, Nemane had a very good game. The break that ended with Langstaff one on one with the goalkeeper started with Nemane winning a defensive duel, I think, quickly followed by him using his pace to get away and then a perfect pass to put Langstaff clear. And setting up Macari for his long range effort was unexpected, I thought he was going to cut back.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast