+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Bradford City [EFL L2] 19.03.24

I’m in a place with the world’s worst internet connection, so had to rely solely on score updates. Brilliant result, not only Macca and Jatta scoring, but the rare luxury of a clean sheet!!! I think we’ve blown the playoffs, but stranger things have happened. At least we can look forward to ending the season on a high, which seemed unlikely a couple of games ago.

Attendance according to BBC website, 17,983, which makes it the biggest crowd we've played in front of in a regular league game since Sheff Utd away in November 2014.
    I suspect the true figure tonight was some way lower than that though.

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    Brilliant performance, Jatta is making a real difference. Let's go 4-4-3 against Salford, with Jatta, Mcgoldrick, Langstaff scare the hell out of them upfront
    Bugger that, why only 12 players? Let's go 4-4-4 with Scott on as well

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Sounds like lady luck turned when they crashed a header against the post at 0 1.
    Hopefully Saturday can be a Maynard first home win.
    One hairy moment in an otherwise excellent second half... they had a good 5 minutes and then we turned the screw and put it to bed... the same level of performance against a struggling Salford side and we could be back in business

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Attendance according to BBC website, 17,983, which makes it the biggest crowd we've played in front of in a regular league game since Sheff Utd away in November 2014.
    Unless all their fans were crammed in away from camera shot….a hell of a lot lower! That sort of headcount of fans is reminiscent of Derek Pavis home attendances!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I’m in a place with the world’s worst internet connection, so had to rely solely on score updates. Brilliant result, not only Macca and Jatta scoring, but the rare luxury of a clean sheet!!! I think we’ve blown the playoffs, but stranger things have happened. At least we can look forward to ending the season on a high, which seemed unlikely a couple of games ago.
    If we were 8th and still 6 pts behind Wimbledon with a game in hand, you'd feel we were very much still in it, but the amount of other clubs we have to be better than for the rest of the season to grab 7th does make it look a lot less likely.

Cracking performance, well done lads. Off to bed now, with a stupid grin on my face. COYP!!! 😁👊

If we were 8th and still 6 pts behind Wimbledon with a game in hand, you'd feel we were very much still in it, but the amount of other clubs we have to be better than for the rest of the season to grab 7th does make it look a lot less likely.
    We just need a strong finish regardless of the play offs. There can’t be any excuses now, as much as Maynard’s had a hell of a start I would say tonight and Newport away were probably our best 2 away performances of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Bugger that, why only 12 players? Let's go 4-4-4 with Scott on as well
    Ooops thanks Swale, I meant 4-3-3 but he'll let's see if ref notices 4-4-3

16,000 must have been on the side it was being filmed from 😂

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast