+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Swansea fan here with many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Luke Williams is a legend. Not just a talented, forward-thinking manager, but a genuinely inspirational guy. I honestly think his personality is a big part of his success. His ability to get fans, players, and club aligned and in tune is second to none.
    The qualities you mention about being inspirational and his personality are what set the best managers from the rest. That is why it’s hit the club hard with him leaving.

Following LW was always going to be a tough act to follow and there was always going to be a period of adjustment required. SM now has to try and build on the last two games with a much needed win at Meadow Lane on Saturday. We’ve not had the best of luck on the road under his tenure so far but I’ve not seen anything to suggest the players have downed tools or not trying. It’s been fine margins. Thankfully luck turned our way last night.

Now we could do with some positive performances and wins at home from now until the end of the season which will help and give us all some hope that the bigger issues can be rectified in the summer transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I don't think Maynard will ever be the inspirational leader that Williams was, but that's the case for pretty much any other coach we could bring in. Time will tell whether Maynard is a talented enough coach to get us moving up the table, but I'm cautiously optimistic after last night.
    I think time has already told us Maynard is no Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    I don't think anyone would be another Williams though.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    Why wooðy be , let's see what mickey can do on Saturday, he deserves a chance after the last two games.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I'd always assumed you lot hated Chester and generally liked to see the other Welsh sides do well.
    We do hate Chester, although they're that crap now they're pretty much irrelevant to us.

Don't think any other Welsh club has any time for Swansea fans though. They are an extremely weird bunch with their union jack flags etc. Never really understood that. Maybe they're all just really crap at Geography. Bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by BenFostersGloves View Post
    We do hate Chester, although they're that crap now they're pretty much irrelevant to us.

Don't think any other Welsh club has any time for Swansea fans though. They are an extremely weird bunch with their union jack flags etc. Never really understood that. Maybe they're all just really crap at Geography. Bizarre.
    Wales is in the United Kingdom though, so it's not that weird. Are Wrexham fans all Welsh separatists who think they'd be better off on their own?

I used to live near Wrexham... being on their own would probably suit everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by BenFostersGloves View Post

Eh if you want to go off and join your own Welsh league we're not stopping you. "Cymru Premier"

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    I used to live near Wrexham... being on their own would probably suit everyone.
    And with their booming economy, I'm sure they'd be just fine.

I always associate Wrexham with major injustice thanks to two TV games involving them when I was first properly getting into football, one against Blyth Spartans (Ref may have been technically correct to rule out the Blyth goal over a fallen corner flag but it was cruel) and then one against West Ham which went against them - their keeper Dai Davies sent off for racing after the ref and grabbing hold of him following a clear handball leading to the West Ham goal, surprisingly not on youtube.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast