+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Swansea fan here with many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenFostersGloves View Post
    We do hate Chester, although they're that crap now they're pretty much irrelevant to us.

Don't think any other Welsh club has any time for Swansea fans though. They are an extremely weird bunch with their union jack flags etc. Never really understood that. Maybe they're all just really crap at Geography. Bizarre.
    Glamorgan has supported the English Crown for a long time (read something once about a "Glamorgan kiss" an act of betrayal to the Welsh in favour of the English by a Glamorgan noble?)
    Quote:
    "Glamorgan, now falling under the protection of the crown, was also involved in the conflicts of the crown. With the start of the First English Civil War, there was little support from the Welsh for the Parliamentarians.[53] Glamorgan sent troops to join Charles I at the Battle of Edgehill, and their Member of Parliament Sir Edward Stradling was captured in the conflict.[54] In the Second English Civil War, the war came to Glamorgan at the Battle of St Fagans (1648), where the New Model Army overcame a larger Royalist to prevent a siege of Cardiff."

(The New Model Army wasn't the group!)

It seems to me that if discussed long enough, any football-related thread or story will eventually become about Wrexham. We could call it "Mullin's law".

I just seen this....

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I just seen this....

F*****t above us? Surely the fact that they are the only ones with the 2 stars on their badge deserves relegating them to MK Dons' level. I gather they refer to the fact that they won the European Cup once upon a time, in a galaxy far far away.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Wales is in the United Kingdom though, so it's not that weird. Are Wrexham fans all Welsh separatists who think they'd be better off on their own?
    It is weird if you're Welsh.
    Simply put; We don't need another flag to hang we have the Welsh one, just like England and Scotland etc etc have their own flag. Sticking to the realms of football, I don't see where or why a union jack flag has a place.

No idea about your separatists question, as I haven't had the time or inclination to ask them all.

I see my comment has triggered a few, not quite sure why.

I just seen this....

The only thing set in stone about that is the section MK Dons are in. Think we can all agree about those sh!t houses

The only thing set in stone about that is the section MK Dons are in. Think we can all agree about those sh!t houses
    I'm trying to work out who he must support. Can't be a Leeds fan with Sheff Wed so high, nor Liverpool with Man City ranked "Quality fans".
    Ipswich maybe, seeing where they are in relation to Norwich, Colchester and Luton.

I'm trying to work out who he must support. Can't be a Leeds fan with Sheff Wed so high, nor Liverpool with Man City ranked "Quality fans".
    Ipswich maybe, seeing where they are in relation to Norwich, Colchester and Luton.
    Come on. It has to be Wimbledon. It might be a "she" by the way.

It is weird if you're Welsh.
    Simply put; We don't need another flag to hang we have the Welsh one, just like England and Scotland etc etc have their own flag. Sticking to the realms of football, I don't see where or why a union jack flag has a place.

No idea about your separatists question, as I haven't had the time or inclination to ask them all.

I see my comment has triggered a few, not quite sure why.
    Just an easy shot on my part. I really enjoyed my year there. I even went to the Racecourse a few times. I saw Linfield vs Sparta Prague(?) there, Wales and Wrexham a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Come on. It has to be Wimbledon.
    I can't imagine Wimbledon fans bracketing themselves in with Crystal Palace and Millwall, but who knows, MK Dons are universally hated.
    Last edited by upthemaggies; 21-03-2024 at 05:47 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast