+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Safe at last

There is indeed still a possibility of relegation. Not likely, but another three points would be nice. Fingers crossed.

Come on guys, I’m thinking more positively that we’re far nearer playoffs than thinking relegation. Personally I think we will finish middle ish- was a superb result at Bradford. We had a rough run but I’m optimistic we pick up some more wins before the end

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie1984 View Post
    Come on guys, I’m thinking more positively that we’re far nearer playoffs than thinking relegation. Personally I think we will finish middle ish- was a superb result at Bradford. We had a rough run but I’m optimistic we pick up some more wins before the end
    To be fair, I was tracking this last season too

Old Notts habits die hard.

Quote Originally Posted by OchPie View Post
    This is what happens if every team below us wins every fixture left against teams currently above them.

Sutton - 51 pts
    FGR - 57 pts
    Colchester - 63 pts
    Grimsby - 63 pts
    Salford - 62 pts
    Swindon - 59 pts
    Donc - 67 pts
    Bradford - 68 pts
    Accrington - 68 pts
    Tranmere - 62 pts
    Harrogate - 63 pts

We're close but not there mathematically yet. Five of our last 8 games are against teams in that list.
    Lets get this into perspective. Ypu can't get any odds on Notts' relegation.
    Best odds on promotion 66/1 Worst 19/1
    Says it all. But then again you can dream.

I would love it if we send FGR back where they belong on the last day of the season

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    I would love it if we send FGR back where they belong on the last day of the season
    And us snatch a play off place

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    And us snatch a play off place
    What a finish to the season that would be

Quote Originally Posted by magicianpie View Post
    I know it was reasonably unlikely.

But as a Notts fan. Always good to get to 50 points.
    The first target of any season is to get to 50 points and take it from there. Thankfully we have got over the line with 8 games remaining. In the past ten seasons the most anyone has gone down with is 50 points which was Bristol City in 2013/14 so statistically we are there if not mathematically yet which should come by Easter.

It seems an age since we went into the 40-50 point zone and looking back it was the 5-0 win over Morecombe on 29th December. So it’s taken us 14 games to get into the 50-60 point zone.

Our average points per game is 1.34 ppg so on this basis we would finish on 61/62 points. Last season that would put us 9th to 10th and generally is a mid table finish. I’d take that now and it would mean an upturn of three wins and a draw from the last eight games.

A win on Saturday at home is what we need just to seal it but more importantly give all those who have not seen us win at Newport or Bradford and play well against Wrexham and Mansfield to have something positive to take going forward.

Can't see this thread title without this popping into my head (first 3 words of the reoccurring chorus)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    What a bundle of joy….negativity at its absolute peak.
    Why be a bundle of joy for no reason ??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12