+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The good thing about this forum is ...

The good thing about this forum is ...

Unlike the other place, i've gotten to know the other reprobates on here, but obviously not in the sense of meeting up (yet) but individual idiosyncrasies/characteristics come through in the posts. The banter exchanged, sometimes strong, some times tongue in cheek leads me to visualise the members like when you're reading a book and visualise the characters. All of this makes this forum a lot more personal than Fat Tony's place and also makes it far more enjoyable. I suppose it's like the big fish in a small pond sort of thing but I like that. I remember making a fatuous stupid post when I was p!ssd one night and the morning after i thought "sh!t" and was almost embarrassed to come back on, but I did and you guys just brushed it off as normal late night posting behaviour. I know most of us are of an age and have that in common but I hope that younger Clarets may discover this forum and enjoy the wisdom that obviously exudes from our years of experience.

The bottom line is that I obviously enjoy this forum but also that I only post like this when the fruits of the vine inspire me. in vino veritas. amigos.

A very philosophical moment, Chris. I agree 100% This is the only social media site that I go on.

It was more interesting when it was not restricted to football. There is only so much one can write about Muric v Trafford etc.

Always worth a check every day, especially as the news reporting is boring cr*p these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    A very philosophical moment, Chris. I agree 100% This is the only social media site that I go on.

It was more interesting when it was not restricted to football. There is only so much one can write about Muric v Trafford etc.

Always worth a check every day, especially as the news reporting is boring cr*p these days.
    I'm seriously considering opening a single thread on "Matters Political".

Anyone who is not interested simply don't open it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

BT, that may be an excellent idea, however, I suggest that "Nothing Matters Political" could well be a better heading.

Good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    BT, that may be an excellent idea, however, I suggest that "Nothing Matters Political" could well be a better heading.
    “Politics is pervasive. Everything is political and the choice to be “apolitical” is usually just an endorsement of the status quo and the unexamined life.” - Rebecca Solnit

Spot on Becky.

Good idea BT as it is an election year and the parties will be spouting all sorts of bs.

Why not put it up on the Sticky threads page BT.Its not clogging the board up then. I'm sure Alto won't mind ..😎

Must say far more friendlier folk frequent this site than the heavly censored one, of which is far to clicky and frequented by some proper obnoxious ****s.

Quote Originally Posted by ballcock View Post
    Must say far more friendlier folk frequent this site than the heavly censored one, of which is far to clicky and frequented by some proper obnoxious ****s.
    Alto had no time whatsoever for Claret Phoney.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)