Unlike the other place, i've gotten to know the other reprobates on here, but obviously not in the sense of meeting up (yet) but individual idiosyncrasies/characteristics come through in the posts. The banter exchanged, sometimes strong, some times tongue in cheek leads me to visualise the members like when you're reading a book and visualise the characters. All of this makes this forum a lot more personal than Fat Tony's place and also makes it far more enjoyable. I suppose it's like the big fish in a small pond sort of thing but I like that. I remember making a fatuous stupid post when I was p!ssd one night and the morning after i thought "sh!t" and was almost embarrassed to come back on, but I did and you guys just brushed it off as normal late night posting behaviour. I know most of us are of an age and have that in common but I hope that younger Clarets may discover this forum and enjoy the wisdom that obviously exudes from our years of experience.

The bottom line is that I obviously enjoy this forum but also that I only post like this when the fruits of the vine inspire me. in vino veritas. amigos.