+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Merson compares having the trots to gambling

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Bit of a stupid comment. Nobody's perfect but people who knowingly break the rules and get caught deserve a lengthy ban.

What's rules?

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    What's rules?
    Any form of bet on football is banned worldwide by the FA for all players, managers, coaches, club staff, directors and licensed agents involved in all levels of the English game. This includes the Premier League, EFL, National League, Women's Super League and Women's Championship.

Pretty clear wouldn't you say?

"No Participant can bet on a match or competition in which they are involved that season, or which they can influence, or any other football-related matter concerning the league that they play in."

Merson he's right. So some ones telling me one player out of 11 that start can influence outcome of a game? But then can bet on another league they are not involved in or on anything else! Say it again stop the world I want to get off!

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Any form of bet on football is banned worldwide by the FA for all players, managers, coaches, club staff, directors and licensed agents involved in all levels of the English game...
    But wives, girlfriends, relatives, drinking/gambling buddies are excepted?

If that's the case, the ones who get caught are idiots for not re-routing their bets.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Optimist View Post
    But wives, girlfriends, relatives, drinking/gambling buddies are excepted?

If that's the case, the ones who get caught are idiots for not re-routing their bets.
    You would think that the sensible ones who wish to bet would have already got that set up in place.
    Last edited by Brin; 20-03-2024 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Take your choice rulebreakers or good human beings like Southgate Warney? We all aren't perfect like them. I'm not!
    I’d much rather be like them than like you.

Merson has also done this podcast…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0...n=share-mobile

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12