+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Damage limitation

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Has anyone got any evidence for saying Paul Douglas is doing a bad job?

It's just lazy to slate him with no reason

Everyone I have ever asked has never come up with an answer
    My issue is based on personal experience as stated on a previous post, I judge based on how I find them. However brin raises an excellent point he is the invisible man, where is the strategy the plan the roadmap to achieve the great future.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Has anyone got any evidence for saying Paul Douglas is doing a bad job?

It's just lazy to slate him with no reason

Everyone I have ever asked has never come up with an answer
    I agree, because none of us know exactly what he does, a lot just assume he must be doing it badly. He could be the one holding everything together for all we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    My issue is based on personal experience as stated on a previous post, I judge based on how I find them. However brin raises an excellent point he is the invisible man, where is the strategy the plan the roadmap to achieve the great future.
    Derby, I've never called him the invisible man but, listening to this show and talk in, wouldn't it be a good thing if Radio Sheffield invited Paul Douglas on the show to answer some open honest questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    Derby, you seem to be under a misapprehension.
    Paul Douglas is Chief Operating Officer so his responsibility is effectively to run the day to day operations of the club.
    The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for business strategy and well.........we don't have one of those!
    Could go some way to explaining a few fundamental shortcomings at the club 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Derby, I've never called him the invisible man but, listening to this show and talk in, wouldn't it be a good thing if Radio Sheffield invited Paul Douglas on the show to answer some open honest questions.
    Invisible man was my phrase not yours, taking it from the example you gave about the Sheffield utd guy

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Derby, you seem to be under a misapprehension.
    Paul Douglas is Chief Operating Officer so his responsibility is effectively to run the day to day operations of the club.
    The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for business strategy and well.........we don't have one of those!
    Could go some way to explaining a few fundamental shortcomings at the club ��
    I do know the difference, however in many companies where a ceo is not in place the coo will take on the planning and strategy to implement the boards vision, assuming that our board have a vision. This is certainly the case at adidas where my wife works, the ceo set a clear vision and annual targets, he also leads the product teams the coo and cfo set the strategies for how the vision is attained, this is not dissimilar to many companies where the ceo is seen as an industry visionary, but I am sure you know that. It all depends on the people you have and what the shareholders want to achieve in the coming years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12