+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Viktor off at a bargain price

Didn’t we do this to Lincoln for Bramall?

It's in the RUFC model that we all wanted when we played at Millmoor. Pick up players and sell them for more! It was the only way and still is that we can go forward.

It's just the bloody value that annoys everyone.

I'd like to see how much we've made over the years under TS on sales of players since Evans was with us.

Like most RUFC players that leave, I'll be surprised if he goes straight to the premier league. They generally have to prove themselves at a middling Championship club. Preston or Bristol City for example.

It's interesting to see people learn about release clauses. Surprised more didn't realise it's not all like La Liga with €600m triggers.

Gossip is that when Everton sell their reserve keeper in the summer he’ll be off there as back up to Pickford.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Gossip is that when Everton sell their reserve keeper in the summer he’ll be off there as back up to Pickford.
    I thought it was Pickford going would trigger them. It’d be great for him.

He'll remain in the Championship by going to Bramall Lane, IMO.

Always said they should put in at the very least put an international appearance clause in as I think this will happen often and soon enough..I believe sunderland get 10k every time Pickford plays for England…

Trouble is with this release clause I am not sure,if any. how much leverage we have got to Barter any sell on”s or appearance triggers…only hope is the mooted wide scale 7 figure sum is high enough to negate all that….i did say hope..!.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Always said they should put in at the very least put an international appearance clause in as I think this will happen often and soon enough..I believe sunderland get 10k every time Pickford plays for England…

Trouble is with this release clause I am not sure,if any. how much leverage we have got to Barter any sell on”s or appearance triggers…only hope is the mooted wide scale 7 figure sum is high enough to negate all that….i did say hope..!.
    Think he’s already played one half game.

You’re right and it may be in the undisclosed contract

Clubs can want to put clauses into contracts to protect their position, but if the player and his agent say no then there's nothing the club can do about it.

Maybe the club wanted sell on clauses and international appearance clauses but Viktor and agent didn't?

Maybe the club wanted a bigger release clause and Viktor and agent said no?

Perhaps the arrangement we ended up with was possibly the best outcome under the circumstances?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast