+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Viktor off at a bargain price

Viktor off at a bargain price

Why do we shoot ourselves in the foot? The most saleable asset we have had in years as well...

Paul Davis
    @paulm_davis
    Viktor Johansson and the #rufc release clause.
    https://rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk/sp...clause-4562525

Good luck Vik just dont go to the pigs.

7 figure offer? 1m then. Chicken feed...just about pay for a few drains at the training ground.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 20-03-2024 at 04:28 PM.

Can't read the article unless you subscribe. Does it state the exact fee because 9,999,999 is also a 7 figure number.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing because we'd probably have been better selling him last summer before this car crash of a season. We might as well have had me in goal as a couple hundred more conceded wouldn't have cost us much. Going down with 0 points would at least be a record nobody would beat (or maybe one day they will if FFP really hits home).

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Can't read the article unless you subscribe...
    Try opening it in a private window. Doesn't always work, but worth a shot.

I can read it OK.

Do they let you read one free story and then you have to pay?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Can't read the article unless you subscribe. Does it state the exact fee because 9,999,999 is also a 7 figure number.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing because we'd probably have been better selling him last summer before this car crash of a season. We might as well have had me in goal as a couple hundred more conceded wouldn't have cost us much. Going down with 0 points would at least be a record nobody would beat (or maybe one day they will if FFP really hits home).
    CAM, here you go.

Managed to read it Brin so removed it as copying articles verbatim puts MM on dodgy ground.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 20-03-2024 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Optimist View Post
    Try opening it in a private window. Doesn't always work, but worth a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I can read it OK.

Do they let you read one free story and then you have to pay?
    Worked 2nd time around. I have seen it before so maybe they just randomize when they put up the message in the hope of snagging a few subscribers.

I hope that I am wrong-but I don't think that Viktor will hack it in the Premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    CAM, here you go.

Managed to read it Brin so removed it as copying articles verbatim puts MM on dodgy ground.
    Understood and fully expected you to do so once you’d read it. 😉

That sounds incredibly vague. I can understand there is a triggering fee level which would allow him to exit the club if we drop down a level but is there scope for clubs to bid higher numbers if more than one club is interested? It sounds odd that we would be bound to accept the first offer that met the trigger fee. Surely Viktor and/or his agent would have a say in that?

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    That sounds incredibly vague. I can understand there is a triggering fee level which would allow him to exit the club if we drop down a level but is there scope for clubs to bid higher numbers if more than one club is interested? It sounds odd that we would be bound to accept the first offer that met the trigger fee. Surely Viktor and/or his agent would have a say in that?
    CT, maybe he’s already agreed a move via his agent and all parties are happy with the arrangement?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast