+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Viktor off at a bargain price

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    So your logic is the taller you are the better you are,what rubbish.
    If this were true, all goalies would be 6 foot 9,there's much more to being a great keeper than height.
    Mike Pollitt who was a great keeper, and very tall, was hopeless on crosses,not a patch on Vik who is a few inches shorter.
    Banks,Shilton, Grobelaar,Yashin,all World class, and all around Vik's height.
    Think you are replying to the wrong post.

All the gks you mentioned aren't playing in today's game

Football has moved on. Gk requirements have moved on.

What I'm saying is at the top there very fine lines between players.

Like I said if Victor was against a gk off simular quality who was taller.

His height would go against him.

His limited distribution, ability to play the part time sweeper too. These are all reasons he's not been ripped away sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Think you are replying to the wrong post.

All the gks you mentioned aren't playing in today's game

Football has moved on. Gk requirements have moved on.

What I'm saying is at the top there very fine lines between players.

Like I said if Victor was against a gk off simular quality who was taller.

His height would go against him.
    I realise football has moved on, but I think it could even be an advantage to to slightly shorter in today's game where lots of teams are expecting a keeper who can play a bit,Viktor is more agile and quicker all-round than most giant goalies, so would probably be better suited to c*cking about at the back with ball.
    Just appreciate his greatness while he's here.

I realise football has moved on, but I think it could even be an advantage to to slightly shorter in today's game where lots of teams are expecting a keeper who can play a bit,Viktor is more agile and quicker all-round than most giant goalies, so would probably be better suited to c*cking about at the back with ball.
    Jamal Blackman is testament to the fact that being 6'6" doesn't always serve you well being a GK. He was one of the slowest I've ever seen at 'getting down' to penalties. The ball was usually back on the centre spot ready for the restart before he hit the turf

No i love viktor.

I'm just saying from a scouting point off view at the top his height could go against him.

I used to get coached by Hull City academy gk when they was in the premiership and he said 6ft 5 is the minimum height for the premiership

No i love viktor.

I'm just saying from a scouting point off view at the top his height could go against him.

I used to get coached by Hull City academy gk when they was in the premiership and he said 6ft 5 is the minimum height for the premiership
    Why is Pickford @ 6' 1" playing for Everton FC in the premier league, & England then ?

No i love viktor.

So how come the 3 first team goalkeepers hull had at the time was all under 6ft 5 then…!…

Never heard of a minimum height for a Premier League Keeper before!
    or any other league for that matter..

I agree that height does help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Why is Pickford @ 6' 1" playing for Everton FC in the premier league, & England then ?
    And David Raya at Arsenal is 6’0”

It’s more about what you do with your feet on the ball than your height in todays game .

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast