+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The reason why?

I dont understand how ive upset you, please explain. The pap word was directed at the church. Not you.

And also with you is catholic slang for i cant be bothered to repeat crap.

Did i tell you to walk away?, no i did not, all i said was to make it temporary.

You always misinterperate. Always, its your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post

And also with you. How pathetic. We need real people telling their story, spiritual experiences, kindnesses, real life, not this pap.
    You haven’t upset me Frank so I’m sorry if I gave the impression that you did,I like to talk about God and religion with you as you give different thoughts on the subject which I’m sure some are said for effect and wumming purposes but enjoyable to hear none the less

As for the pap,you did give the impression that the paragraph was aimed at me as you even started it “And also with you”?

And also with you is a response in the catholic mass after the priest has said a prayer or whatever, itsd the primary school mentality, dont they say that in the baptist church.?

Yes I’m aware of And also with you as a reply in the church but I read it as a message to me,you should have said it as a new sentence ar the end of the previous paragraph and I would have known what you meant but tbf I should have have picked up on it anyway Frank 👍

And also with you is a response in the catholic mass after the priest has said a prayer or whatever
    I haven’t been in a Catholic Church in many a year Frank but found myself visiting one this morning as a friend I know wanted to go and I gave her a lift there,what suprised me was that instead of saying “And also with you” the congregation replied “And with your spirit” Why has it been changed and is it nationwide or just local to that church? (Serous question)

And you will get a serious answer. When i was 10 or eleven there was a big discussion about changing some words in the said mass, the discussion went on for years, it may have been about " and also with you".

The debate was in the catholic Herald, id read anything back then, stretching to the vatican, my mother used to buy it ocasionally. Even at that age i thought it was absurd, silly, it was people in the church playing power politics.

I dont know about the above, if its local that would be something extraordinary, and it is as silly today as its ever been. If id have been there, and the chant was " and with your spirit", id reply "COKE".

Religion needs to move on from set piece adoration to something more adult.

There should be a section, a sermon full of bawdy jokes, im sure he would like that.

Thanks for that Frank and the more I think about it the more I suspect that I might have misheard it,tbh I wasn’t expecting anything but “And also with you” so it caught me out as I was sitting at the back of the church away from the congregation

As for the church moving on I think that’s it’s already moved on too far as it is,the sermons have grown more lighter,humorous and possibly entertaining in a religious sermon way but the main issues have changed as well,we had a blessing of marriage announced in the church that’s happening in a couple of weeks time and it’s between two women,I can’t get my head around it especially if Baptist laws change and same s&x marriages are allowed and they are pronounced wife and wife,what’s next,people getting married to their pets?
    The worlds moving on but I’m slowing down so I’m kinda glad that I’m heading into my winter years and not just starting out like the poor sods of today
    Last edited by chaincey.ncfc; 08-04-2024 at 12:56 PM.

I do enjoy the solemnity of the catholic mass, to be in the prescence of something awesome, superior, wondrous, but thats not the whole picture. We are created in his image, so if i must presume we are alike.

That in the swirlpool of as holes, you, griff, oldboy, dogsea blue black, that you would constantly adore me then i would find it odious, and of course the difference between you and god, and the afore mentioned and me will be as wide.

And in my boredom id be getting the cards out and and the red wine, i had a cracking bottle the other night. I agree that same s ec marriages are beyond the pale, that it does go against a natural law, the law of procreation, without that we are all sunk. Having said that, nature produces such when there is overcrowding.

All i ask in a mass is that some of it is about real life, about people in the congregation, spirituality, awareness of god working in their lives, experiences of miraculous happenings, they are everywhere, interpretation of scripture, its so advanced its needed. Solemnity on its own is hard.

Confession is needed, its helps mental health, it develops insight. Having said that, most who go to confession see it as a purge, then do it all again.

That in the swirlpool of as holes, you, griff, oldboy, dogsea blue black, that you would constantly adore me then i would find it odious, and of course the difference between you and god, and the afore mentioned and me will be as wide.

And in my boredom id be getting the cards out and and the red wine
    It’s things like this that keep me coming back to you Frank,it’s borderline Blackadder genius and I can almost see him saying it to Baldrick 😆

When you go into confession Frank do you really tell all that you’ve done wrong and want forgiveness for?
    I mean I would be fine admitting that I was me that threw the snowball at the bloke down the road I didn’t like who then blamed the kids passing by but what about more serious stuff,surely the stress of having told somebody that you know would be greater than getting the burden off of your shoulders?
    Last edited by chaincey.ncfc; 09-04-2024 at 07:56 AM.

I dont have to go to confession, firstly because i would feel obliged to give the church money i mean *****s, and that i would be wasting a priests time. I have my own religion or belief system, i dont suscribe to the masses in anything, your own belief system has a fancy name that i cant remember.

I went as a child, and had nothing to say, i had to make it up, like " i was naughty", " i said something i shouldnt".

Then i even said penance, five hail marys mostly. Its different now, being older i look back on my life and shudder, why?, its not for this place. Maturity has a way of making you look at things in a broader way, that denial is childish, being honest is the only way.

You have to feel the pain to overcome it, and i have, that in my prayers i have asked for punishment, in this life or the next, and the hardships i have had in this life is payment for another life or lives.

At the start of the catholic mass there is prayer, that states " my fault", i cant remember the prayer, if you are able to face reality, then it will be understood. Everything counts. When i compare my life to the people ive known, then my sins are a bit weak.

At least i admit to having them. And my motivation to get things right is the prospect of having to live future lives on this god forsaken pit of hell, the more i think of the past, the worse it gets. I doubt if i got anything right.

To hell with growing up.....kidding....to be an idiot is bliss, i must be doing something right.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)