+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The reason why?

The reason why?

Ten goals in two games eh. Watching Morrison get out stripped for pace is a pleasing sight, he could never run anyway. Considering that a lot of United players rival King Herod for age, the problem might be as simple as burnout, and fatigue.

That blaming Monk is an easy way out.

Blame Barry, he is the architect of a squad with an average age of 56, and players with a history of injury, and a squad size that you could fit into a Robin Reliant.

Trotting onto the pitch thinking youd rather not be there because of emotional tiredness, physical tiredness, injury, even a minor one, knowing your going to put your body on the line again, but deciding not to, results in Reading away.

Playing too many games is as bad as a physical injury. Why am i helping?, i like Monk, hes ok. To suddenly find yourself at a chip shop rather than a s****y restaurant, United in other words, is going to be a big thing to get used to.

Two weeks off might result in united competing again. Might not. The old players may subconsciously quit. Its not Monks fault, he walked in on it.

A bad decision, taking over a souhern league club with a southern league owner, if he makes a success of it he will have rehabbed himself.

Oh, by the way Chalky, county have conceded 77 goals and its only March, who have you got at the bacxk? ex cambridge players?

Oh and Mr Monk, if you perform a miracle and keep United up, and then even making progress, get out when you can, the Cambridge sack will get you, like it did Bonner.

Our defence is sh1t Frank,we got away with it in the National League as we was player superior to all the others (except Wrexham) but we’ve been sussed out a division up,our defence problems was obvious to everyone at Notts at the end of last season but the owners didn’t really do anything about it

How are you keeping?

All ok, you? Without a good attack youd be looking at the bottom of the table, youve got some good forwards. Cambridge v County next year. As for the bbc licence i havent paid it for about a year, had a visit and just closed the door.

Im not paying, full stop. Thet should pay me for fouling the tv, and i cant clean it off.

Cambridge v Wrexham in League One I would bet on with Mullen coming home,Is that stand still named after him?

There’s some interesting videos on YouTube about the tv license by ChilliConCarni,he says that the people who knock on your door are nothing more than salespeople and if you just say that you don’t want one and close the door then they will just go away as it’s like commission to them and don’t want to waste their time chasing a dead end,although being forced to buy something that you don’t want I obviously don’t agree with I’m not brave enough to stop buying one

Im pleased to hear that you are ok Frank,I did a good Christian deed the other day and it’s proper kicked me up the arse,God likes a good laugh every now and again I’m sure of that

A good deed?, what was it? Why did it kick you up the rear end. I rescue worms on paths all the time walking Molly on concrete paths, im sure it has already saved me once, maybe more. Be merciful and you will recieve mercy. Ive got a grey squirrell eating my garden nuts meant for robins and tits, i dont mind, we all have the right to live.

I dont know why we have to celebrate gay bonking etc, when i was growing up it was a perversion, its even made it onto an England shirt. Why cant people keep their habits private, for gods sake. Society has become ill. And per Cambridge United, i have to take a knee to black racism against white people.

Shocking.

I have to agree with you about homos.exuality Frank,I spent the first 45 years of my life being told that it’s wrong and sinful but now gay couples are welcome within the church with open arms,the church has secumbed to the lefties and wokes and gone back on thousands of years scriptures just to get in the punters,when I was a kid our church was 90% full but now around 50% so people just aren’t interested anymore,the Muslim faith seem to keep their parishioners for life which makes me wonder how they do it? The Baptist church has gone too soft and is a shadow of its former self,how has the Catholic Church feared over the years since you first went and now?
    Maybe the churches should form some kind of supergroup and band together like Cream back in the 60’s?

As for my good deed,well my ex came to see me (she owns half the house) and collapsed so I called 999,after five days in hospital I’ve somehow been left in charge of her and her medication and she’s now in the spare room while I take up nursing and gofer duties,the church taught me never to ignore somebody in need and look where it’s got me

Kindness personified Chalky, stepping up to the plate when needed, mopping the fevered brow etc. You’ve a kind heart. Your church is within you.

Thanks griff that’s very nice of you to say so,I strive to help people if I can as it’s the Christian way,I just wish that God hadn’t tried to test my faith at the same time that I gave up booze during Lent,roll on next Sunday 🍻

You cant win with wokery and the left, if you disagree with anything they want or say then there is a list of abuse directed at you. As per your note above, you obviously find being with your ex again not good. Indeed, if i were in your position with my ex then i would get an attack of dandruff, get the shakes, sweat uncontrollably, have bad dreams, dreams of flying and crashing,

I would write to Marjorie Proops, remember that?, phone a suicide line. I left her with all my love and best wishes, but in this case i would hire a trolley, even a hospital one, put her on it, and put it out in the street.

Are you her next of kin? If not, you have no responsibility. Of all the places she could have collapsed, she did it in your home, she did have an attack of the vapours, a swooning? What medication is she on? It might be a way of getting back into your life.

Its good and christian what youve done, but it does have limits, make it clear that the current arrangement is temporary, if thats what you want.

Have old feelings come back? Be careful, females have books, libraries full of tricks, manipulations, lies to get you hooked again, very few women are authentic, genuine.

As for the churches, i cant see it coming back, they are just money making, like the catholics. The mass needs revamping, its boring, the music is s hit, with the constant regurgitation of stock phrases over and over.

And also with you. How pathetic. We need real people telling their story, spiritual experiences, kindnesses, real life, not this pap.

Anyway, good news, Vale WON.

Cheerio cheerio cheerio cambridge. They are playing the team for the bald next, Why combe, bottom four in a second.

The thing is Frank is that she left me not the other way round and it was under bitter circumstances so it’s a blessing that the old feelings haven t come back because they wasn’t good ones

As for being the next of kin you’ve hit the nail in the head,she never changed her medical records details and I’m still in there as her next of kin and even her address is mine,the fact that she collapsed at where I live didn’t help at all,I asked if I could change the next of kin while I was at the hospital but it had to be done by her,her collapse was horrible to see,she didn’t collapse in a heap she literally fell straight down flat onto her face with blood pouring out from her nose and mouth and I honestly thought that she had pegged it

I see it as testing my faith Frank,you shouldn’t walk away from those that need help no matter who they are,she needed help and looking after when she got discharged so it was down to me,even as I write this I should be in church but I reckon that I’ve got a good excuse

You say that you’ve saved worms on the pavement whilst walking Molly so surely you would help somebody else in a crisis no matter who they are,you’ve been taught that from the church and the priest from an early age,it’s one of the things that you should always do and you know that

Surely this “pap” is about real life and kindnesses? I think that you put that paragraph in to get a bite and I like that as it wouldn’t be you without it 😎
    Last edited by chaincey.ncfc; 24-03-2024 at 10:55 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)