+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Raith tickets

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Ian Murray in today's press:

Whether we manage it or not, we’re the ones that should be developing the ‘siege’ mentality. Let’s face it, outside of Tannadice every man and his dog is wanting Rovers to win this. Same as Killie and Arbroath a couple of seasons ago in all honesty. Maybe this ticket thing is a ‘fight back’ of some sort, I don’t know. Will it be effective? I don’t know? Will it backfire? I don’t know.

The only ones that can show either way is the 11 on the park, as it has been from match No.1. That hasn’t changed. What has changed is our general level of performance over the last 2-3 months. Time’s running out - they need to start ‘showing’ it again. IF they do, we’ll be fine, otherwise……………….

The players won't be giving a sh1te about Raiths ticket sales...in fact....I would rather that we didn't have any of our players talking about the match in the press other than highlighting it as just another game for us to play. We don't need to be giving them a single column inche that can be stuck up on the wall of their dressing room.

Our players need to just focus on winning one game at a time. No silly talk, no bigging ourselves up...we just need to act like the professional team that is focused on winning the league.

Inverness is our next cup final, lets do our talking on the park and let Raith do their own thing! We have been far too inconsistent to be looking more than one game in advance! Let's just take care of our own business.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Whether we manage it or not, we’re the ones that should be developing the ‘siege’ mentality. Let’s face it, outside of Tannadice every man and his dog is wanting Rovers to win this. Same as Killie and Arbroath a couple of seasons ago in all honesty. Maybe this ticket thing is a ‘fight back’ of some sort, I don’t know. Will it be effective? I don’t know? Will it backfire? I don’t know.

The only ones that can show either way is the 11 on the park, as it has been from match No.1. That hasn’t changed. What has changed is our general level of performance over the last 2-3 months. Time’s running out - they need to start ‘showing’ it again. IF they do, we’ll be fine, otherwise……………….
    Not sure you’re right about everyone wanting RR to win this, most in the championship would rather we were not there next season, and a fair few who are threatened with relegation from SPL would want us to be downstairs next season. But your bang on with the siege mentality the haters in blue strips of various shades would not want us back!

Doubt that , i think most championship sides would love you to still be there , it’s a big pay day for them , me I’m hoping you guys get up , I personally hate the Celtic rangers games the toxic atmosphere is awful , so I really love the derbies fantastic atmosphere , even going back to the 60s the first fixture I looked for in the wee red book was the United game , it was usually in September on the same day as the Leuchars air show

Does this make things any clearer? What is the operational issue that has to be shrouded in secrecy?

“We played them in December, the demand was there from them and at that point, operationally, we were in a position to give them what we gave them in the West Stand [Shed] and that was fine.

“In the lead-up to this game, operationally, that has changed for us.

“We’ve spoken to all the relevant stakeholders involved trying to find solutions. There weren’t any. So we had to make a difficult operational decision to slightly reduce their allocation.

“We communicated that to Raith Rovers and out of professional courtesy that was followed by a phone call to explain the operational challenges faced on this occasion.

“Unfortunately, that professional courtesy has now been returned in the form of various statements which, to my mind, have been moving in an unprofessional direction.”

Capuano has been frustrated in particular by Barrowman’s description of United’s explanation for cutting away ticket numbers as an “excuse”.

Murrays a ahole as are quite a few of that team, would love to have shut them up come may, we shall see

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)