+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The New England Team Kits

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Many patron saints are obviously arguable on their origins

St Patrick for example was probably English, but that doesn't stop the Irish from accepting him

Same with St George, his origins are irrelevant, the English have accepted him as patron saint for centuries, represented by the red cross on a white background.

The important bit is that these symbols are those of a christian saint, not an islamic prophet.

So really this tinkering with the cross of St George is an attack on a christian symbol so more shirts can be sold to non-christians.
    And the 2012 England shirt that changed the colour of the England flag?

Or the Union flag Boris Johnson flew in 2019 with all the blue removed? Was that a slant on St Andrew?

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    And the 2012 England shirt that changed the colour of the England flag?

Or the Union flag Boris Johnson flew in 2019 with all the blue removed? Was that a slant on St Andrew?
    I don’t think it would not be the union flag at all. The union in the United Kingdom is the union between the English and Scottish.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I don’t think it would not be the union flag at all. The union in the United Kingdom is the union between the English and Scottish.
    There was no pearls clutched over it either way.

I'm shocked there was never an uproar over this...

Name:  ukip-flag-1024x614.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  62.2 KB

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345