+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The New England Team Kits

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Masbroughstreet, Maybe it's because some feel as a country we are slowly losing our identity. For one we don't celebrate St George's day like the Irish do so to 'tinker' with what is a symbolic identification on a national shirt is stupidity at it's best. Has it been done to cause controversy?
    I agree it's a daft thing to do, if the colours are wrong then it's not the England flag and I doubt many other countries would have done. I don't think it was done to deliberately cause controversy, I just think there are obviously some very naive people who were making the decisions. At the end of the day though, it's a tiny flag on the back of a football shirt, it's certainly not worth the tantrums some people have had about it. Personally I'm more offended by the price than the flag being the wrong colour!

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    I agree it's a daft thing to do, if the colours are wrong then it's not the England flag and I doubt many other countries would have done. I don't think it was done to deliberately cause controversy, I just think there are obviously some very naive people who were making the decisions. At the end of the day though, it's a tiny flag on the back of a football shirt, it's certainly not worth the tantrums some people have had about it. Personally I'm more offended by the price than the flag being the wrong colour!
    So that's two reasons why I wouldn't buy one!

Do you think Nike would be allowed to change the colour of the star spangled banner?

When I was a kid and you can see it in the World Cup back in the early 80s that England supporters used to carry the union flag.

The uk national teams then donned their national flag or something that has world recognition.

Would you ever associate the flag that’s on the new England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 top as being something that represented England?

Nike said it was playful I think it’s disrespectful and the FA have got it wrong

You might label it as a tantrum but liken it to raining. You don't put up an umbrella after one spot of rain. This is the one drop insignificant on its own but get enough and you've got a flood.

That's how it works, the drip drip drip of social engineering hardly noticeable but the overall message is you WILL think this way

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Do you think Nike would be allowed to change the colour of the star spangled banner?

When I was a kid and you can see it in the World Cup back in the early 80s that England supporters used to carry the union flag.

The uk national teams then donned their national flag or something that has world recognition.

Would you ever associate the flag that’s on the new England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 top as being something that represented England?

Nike said it was playful I think it’s disrespectful and the FA have got it wrong
    No I don't think Nike would be allowed to change the colour of the star spangled banner, as I said on my other post, I doubt many other countries would do it. I doubt France would chance the colour of the tricolour.

I don't blame Nike at all, It's The FA who have to approve the kit, they should've and could've said no to it.

But, I'm not exactly going to lose sleep over it.

I normally buy every England kit but not these ones. They've totally disrespected the flag and the prices are a joke as well I hope everyone boycotts buying them unless they change it to the proper flag and prices come down.

Quote Originally Posted by millers88 View Post
    I normally buy every England kit but not these ones. They've totally disrespected the flag and the prices are a joke as well I hope everyone boycotts buying them unless they change it to the proper flag and prices come down.
    Did you but the boycott the 2011 shirt with the multicoloured flags on it?

Name:  Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 13.31.14.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  8.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    You might label it as a tantrum but liken it to raining. You don't put up an umbrella after one spot of rain. This is the one drop insignificant on its own but get enough and you've got a flood.

That's how it works, the drip drip drip of social engineering hardly noticeable but the overall message is you WILL think this way
    On the flip side, if you'd not been told you needed to be offended by it by certain media, would you have even noticed it was there? and if the answer is no, then why are you even bothered?

Just to clarify, I think the flag on the shirt is daft, if it's not a red cross on a white background, then it's not an England flag. But that's it, daft, nothing more than that.

Did you but the boycott the 2011 shirt with the multicoloured flags on it?

Name:  Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 13.31.14.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  8.2 KB
    It's got our flag on it although I don't know why they put those other ones on but I don't remember paying well over 100 pound for it as well so it's totally different situation and not comparable.

No I don't think Nike would be allowed to change the colour of the star spangled banner, as I said on my other post, I doubt many other countries would do it. I doubt France would chance the colour of the tricolour.

I don't blame Nike at all, It's The FA who have to approve the kit, they should've and could've said no to it.

But, I'm not exactly going to lose sleep over it.
    I agree that the buck stops with the FA. Nikes marketing it as if it’s their idea.

The French are complaining about the oversized coq on their shirts but they have kept the ribbon blue, white and red.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast