+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: England shirt

This is maybe where I'm different to everyone else on here. I don't get the uproar.

Its just an alternative design. If you don't like it, then don't buy it.

There's plenty of other things worth getting worked up about more.

I just don't see how this affects anyone's life enough to be bothered by it. But that's my view.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    This is maybe where I'm different to everyone else on here. I don't get the uproar.

Its just an alternative design. If you don't like it, then don't buy it.

There's plenty of other things worth getting worked up about more.

I just don't see how this affects anyone's life enough to be bothered by it. But that's my view.
    It’s mainly because a national flag is normally sacrosanct for a nation and its people, especially for those who fought for and defended the country.

Can you imagine the outrage if the Welsh dragon was painted pink or the Stars and Stripes was fkd around with?

There’s some things that just shouldn’t be messed with.

To be totally honest about this, I think Nike understood the outrage this would cause and are happily riding the back of free publicity, the FA would’ve been totally blind to the problem due to their lack of nous.

I also think that if the LBGTQ rainbow 🌈 emblem was messed with that it would also cause uproar with the gay community, and rightly so I might add.

Just as big a scandal is the £125 asking price for the “authentic” kit which will have been produced for around £10.

What does “the shirt gives you a game-ready look inspired by your favourite team".
    Does this mean it disguises the huge beer belly’s, love to see these people taking the pitch in their game ready look
    What a heap of shyte, £125 for a piece of thin cloth anyone buying this garbage should be sectioned

Sadly, some will buy this piece of rubbish; why anyone would allow themselves to be ripped off by paying an absurd amount for Nike tat is beyond me. Nike ‘merchandise’ has always been overpriced but there are many folk that just follow a brand, regardless of price. Anyway, what is the difference between the ‘authentic’ version and the ‘stadium’ version? Maybe there’s a little badge on the former to indicate that the wearer is even more gullible than someone wearing the standard rip off shirt? Can you imagine Albion launching a new claret and blue strip? Well, if it had an Albion badge on it there would be plenty of suckers that would buy it. I hope Nike lose a lot of money on this but unfortunately, there will be enough with too much spare cash to waste…….

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    ....... I also think that if the LBGTQ rainbow 🌈 emblem was messed with that it would also cause uproar with the gay community, and rightly so I might add......
    Not so sure that'd be everyone's preferred position on this Mick as some within the LGBTQ community definitely prefer things @rse about face........ not judging by the way I might add 😇 .

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    It’s mainly because a national flag is normally sacrosanct for a nation and its people, especially for those who fought for and defended the country.

Can you imagine the outrage if the Welsh dragon was painted pink or the Stars and Stripes was fkd around with?

There’s some things that just shouldn’t be messed with.

To be totally honest about this, I think Nike understood the outrage this would cause and are happily riding the back of free publicity, the FA would’ve been totally blind to the problem due to their lack of nous.

I also think that if the LBGTQ rainbow 🌈 emblem was messed with that it would also cause uproar with the gay community, and rightly so I might add.

Just as big a scandal is the £125 asking price for the “authentic” kit which will have been produced for around £10.
    Well said mick..I’m fuming about this subtle way of tinkering with our England flag..hearing some of the players aren’t too happy about it either.be good to see em putting a propper little st George sticker on top of this woke one..the F.A are to blame for this.someone must of signed off on it.

Our old Chairman and FA chairman Bert Milliship,wouldn't have signed this nonsense off .

I just don’t see the need to alter the national flag. A pointless exercise to my way of thinking. Mind you, with some of the ridiculous designs of shirts today, it doesn’t surprise me in the least.

Think Starmer was perfectly right to question both why Nike chose to tamper so much with the traditional emblem (for reasons that they themselves seem unable to explain) and why they think it okay to charge such extortionate prices for the shirts.

I get the argument around it being up to individuals if they are stupid enough to pay such prices but these are replica shirts of our national team and surely, as representative of a national team with the inclusiveness that should entail, these should be as available/affordable as possible? I assume Nike have a licencing agreement which means competitors are unable to produce a rival option at a much cheaper price but, if so, why should only the better off be able to afford a replica England shirt?

As for the changed emblem, who signed this off? This is quite a major alteration and whilst I understand the "so what" attitude of those not concerned or interested, it is an issue for a great many others who are-and I'd venture that these are the great majority of supporters.

Go Woke Go Broke! Nike have dropped a clanger here, A) it’s ridiculously expensive. WTAF were they thinking changing the flag. Someone in Nike and whoever signed it off in the FA should be fired! No one will buy it !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)