+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Friendlies

Friendlies

I'm completely bemused by the abundance of these non events. They are utterly boring. It's not as if the players need the practice. Conversely, they might get crocked, for club and country. For nowt

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerish View Post
    I'm completely bemused by the abundance of these non events. They are utterly boring. It's not as if the players need the practice. Conversely, they might get crocked, for club and country. For nowt
    100% agree. Haven't watched one in years. This time of the season seems especially bad.

Playing friendly's remainder of the season!

Not for nowt

For money

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Playing friendly's remainder of the season!

Sorry thought you was on about millers not money gods get-together!

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Not for nowt

For money
    Thought the majority always donated their wage to charity?

Like Tigerish said, wrong time, risk of injury to top players, stupid stupid fixtures.

Suppose a couple of home Wembley games will cover some of the staff wages for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Thought the majority always donated their wage to charity?

Like Tigerish said, wrong time, risk of injury to top players, stupid stupid fixtures.

Suppose a couple of home Wembley games will cover some of the staff wages for the year.
    Some of the players may do so, extracting some positive PR whilst gaining a tax break but money is still made by the organising body etc

I'm just grateful for a Millers-free weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Jocksgloves1 View Post
    I'm just grateful for a Millers-free weekend.
    😂

Yes, it’s like hitting your head against the wall, good when you stop doing it

Abundance of what events? We haven't had a friendly in nearly 6 months.

What do you want the team to do? Qualify for the Euros and then not play again until the tournament starts?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast