+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Substitutes

Substitutes

I read an interesting stat that Notts County are in the bottom 5 League clubs for bringing on substitutes and scoring goals. (sorry, I can find the source).

In trying to find the source, I found this link that has a chart showing Notts don't do very well in the last quarter of a match.

https://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp...0-notts-county

Maybe some of you who are good with stats can get to the bottom of why Notts fade.

Poor quality Squad

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post
    I read an interesting stat that Notts County are in the bottom 5 League clubs for bringing on substitutes and scoring goals. (sorry, I can find the source).

In trying to find the source, I found this link that has a chart showing Notts don't do very well in the last quarter of a match.

https://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp...0-notts-county

Maybe some of you who are good with stats can get to the bottom of why Notts fade.
    Simple this season the quality of player available to use as substitute as been poor except with a few exceptions. Often we have have had no strikers on the bench or game changers to bring on. This means if we need to bring on fresh legs we weaken the team and they have little affect giving the impression that Notts fade but the quality is not just not there. Now that hopefully both Scott and Dizzy will be available again plus Jatta in the team the quality of the bench should be up to league 2 level.

Subs aside it is disappointing that we aren’t more productive later in games. Our whole possession strategy is intended to wear the opposition out and take advantage later in games.

I’ve always thought a rotation of Crowley, Didzy, Jones or maybe even Macca lately should have been starting on the bench, especially in away games. Maybe have given us more defensive stability and have something to bring on later.

Instead we’ve flogged them.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I’ve always thought a rotation of Crowley, Didzy, Jones or maybe even Macca lately should have been starting on the bench, especially in away games. Maybe have given us more defensive stability and have something to bring on later.

Instead we’ve flogged them.
    It would have been nice to, but we didn't have many options to replace them.

Having Baj, Palmer, Cedwyn, Morias & Randall out for such long periods has really dented our ability to rest/change things up

Half the time we didn't have any strikers on the bench to briing on with Scott injured and Morias...well whatever Morias is at the moment, injured or family issues. I'd like us to terminate Morias' contract at the end of the season as he clearly isn't going to involved.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    I'd like us to terminate Morias' contract at the end of the season as he clearly isn't going to involved.
    That's not on the table at all, is it? Unless agreed mutually

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    That's not on the table at all, is it? Unless agreed mutually
    I don't see why it can't be agreed mutually though. He clearly still lacks the fitness to fulfill the contract given to him. Plus with Scott and now Jatta ahead of him I don't see much of a future next season for him. Surely he'd prefer to move onto another club to get game time...if he ever stays fit enough to play more than 2 games before getting injured again. The same goes for Randall, too much dead weight in the club at the moment. We need plyers that can contribute next season.

I did see that Dagenham fans were expecting Morias to go back to them a few weeks ago, either permanently or on loan. Maybe that will be revisited over the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    .. too much dead weight in the club at the moment. We need plyers that can contribute next season.
    Yep, a really big set of plyers to extract every bit of performance, or to pull out and remove the dead weight. I think they are available from Toolstation but other outlets are available

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast