+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: England shirt garbage

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Actually he is a tw@t for trying to appeal to the faux outrage of the gammons on this, not a smart move IMO.

I've been quietly amused by the gammon losing their **** over a design on a football shirt, I mean its not as if it hasn't been done before in other England kits, but I guess gammons memories don't go back very far!! Get a ****inglife! Its a design on a flippin football shirt not the reworking of a national flag.

The flag of St George, which was actually the flag of Genoa, adopted by the English so that they could gain protection from pirates at sea.

Oh and St George, who wasn't English (possibly of Greek and Palestinian descent and never set foot in England. Indeed it is very likely today that you and the other gammons would in fact be demanding the repatriation of anyone of his heritage who dared to set foot on English soil.

So ****ing funny I've nearly wet myself!!
    Gammon count - 4, come on man, get that thesaurus out!

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Applauds Swale. I just don't get it. Well actually I do. Had nothing been said people would have been happy spending a crazy amount of money on these shirts but because someone has kicked off then it's different.

**** me.
    Says it all…can we move on?

I just don't get it. Its not the first time a shirt has had different colours for the cross but dont recall uproar before.

I just don't get it. Its not the first time a shirt has had different colours for the cross but dont recall uproar before.
    I don't remember any England shirt with a different coloured cross myself, but will take your word for it.

The price is offensive.

That is all.
    I’ve only just seen the price - £125, Jesus wept. On a cost basis we would be better putting out an Iron Maiden team, their official tees are only £25

Best info on the net says the England ****s cost about £8 to make (not sure if capex etc us factored into that) so there’s a rip off happening somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I don't remember any England shirt with a different coloured cross myself, but will take your word for it.
    That's the point for me, I didn't know either but there have been a few occasions, the 2012 one had different coloured crosses on , there are others too.

I wouldn't have known this time either had it not been for the media attention, I just don't get why its news and people are bothered now when it wasn't news and they haven't been bothered before.

Almost feels like we need to be told what to be offended about. Had it not been news sunak and Starmer wouldn't be putting their 2 penneth in, kn fact they would probably proudly have worn it as we celebrate winning the euros this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    2006 Home Kit red but a misshaped stretched "cross" on right shoulder. 2010-11 shoulders and upper back unlaid with multi coloured St Georges crosses 2010 -2012 Goalkeeper away shirt, covered in crosses in various shades of green.

There are earlier kits with representations of the St Georges Cross on which have no relation to the Cross on the flag, even if they use red and white.

Nobody was triggered by the British Olympic flag used on signs and posters which was blue and white and had bits missing.

I just knew Thicky would be triggered by this so ****ing funny.

That's the point for me, I didn't know either but there have been a few occasions, the 2012 one had different coloured crosses on , there are others too.

I wouldn't have known this time either had it not been for the media attention, I just don't get why its news and people are bothered now when it wasn't news and they haven't been bothered before.

Almost feels like we need to be told what to be offended about. Had it not been news sunak and Starmer wouldn't be putting their 2 penneth in, kn fact they would probably proudly have worn it as we celebrate winning the euros this year.
    Absolutely, I get why Sunak is so desperate to appeal to the simpletons triggered by this, its probably the only voters he can get, but Starmer doesn't need to sink this low its just pointless.

That part of a wider point I’ve made here before - whoever THINKS they are in control they are wrong, the media condition ‘our’ (the public’s) opinions on so many things

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    2006 Home Kit red but a misshaped stretched "cross" on right shoulder. 2010-11 shoulders and upper back unlaid with multi coloured St Georges crosses 2010 -2012 Goalkeeper away shirt, covered in crosses in various shades of green.

There are earlier kits with representations of the St Georges Cross on which have no relation to the Cross on the flag, even if they use red and white.

Nobody was triggered by the British Olympic flag used on signs and posters which was blue and white and had bits missing.

I just knew Thicky would be triggered by this so ****ing funny.
    There was actually a big fuss (even within some sports orgs such as British athletics) about the blue and white Olympic flag so you’re wrong on that one

There was also a hoo haa about the grey England kit the football team lost to Germany in

However in both cases who knows who started the ‘outrage’? On this occasion for once I think we’d agree on the suspects

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)