+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Nike change England flag!!

O/T:- Nike change England flag!!

Looks like Nike are trying to force their wokeness on everyone!! It's a disgrace that they think they can alter our national flag without a care in the world!!

At £128 a shirt they can f**king keep it!

I did some design work for Nike many years ago and they were sooooooooooooooo fussy regarding the size and shape of their tick logo as well!

Name:  nike_england_flag.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  31.3 KB
    Last edited by SwalePie; 22-03-2024 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Fixed off topic prefix

There were no complaints when the designs were changed in the past. Right wing culture wars. As for the price, totally agree.

Would love to know what the cost price of these shirts. I wouldn't pay that for a Notts one never mind a shirt worn by players I don't identify with.

Is that it? Why is it woke, I don't get it? I had heard it was LGBT or race equality colours, but it isn't. Surely if the aim was to kind and respectful to everyone (which is basically what woke is ) then you would include all the colours, so I really doubt it is that.

It isn't really recognisable as a St Georges Cross, so I am inclined to think that it is just a designer playing with colours which is what Nike have said. Their mistake was really saying it was a play on the St Georges Cross, which makes me think that they would happily have said that it was to show respect and inclusion to all people regardless of race, ***ual orientation and gender if that were the case. So, my feeling is this is just a culture war whipped up by faux outraged politicians (including Starmer).

£128 is frankly a bigger insult.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Looks like Nike are trying to force their wokeness on everyone!! It's a disgrace that they think they can alter our national flag without a care in the world!!

At £128 a shirt they can f**king keep it!

I did some design work for Nike many years ago and they were sooooooooooooooo fussy regarding the size and shape of their tick logo as well!

Name:  nike_england_flag.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  31.3 KB
    Why are snowflakes getting offended by a shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by sinophile View Post
    There were no complaints when the designs were changed in the past. Right wing culture wars. As for the price, totally agree.
    The flag has never been changed from red and white though. The kits have changed yes but the flag no.

Quote Originally Posted by Togtastic View Post
    Would love to know what the cost price of these shirts. I wouldn't pay that for a Notts one never mind a shirt worn by players I don't identify with.
    As someone who works in the rag trade so to speak the cost price in China will probably be less than a pint of beer in London.

2018 Nike away kit with dark red cross on light red background, 2011 Umbro goalkeeper kit with cross in several shades of green, 2008 Umbro home with cross rendered in lozenge design, and 2006 Umbro home with distorted cross on the sleeve

What does it matter..?

Exactly. The country is a total mess, services are going down the pan, and all the right wing want to do is try and whip up some sort of a culture war.

It looks terrible - I don’t get how this is equated to “right wing culture wars” as it isn’t the right doing it - Go play with the flags of other nations and see how that plays out - It is unnecessary and clearly taking the opportunity to aggravate the average fan - The price will get the blame when no-one buys it..

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast