+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Nike change England flag!!

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Pathetic response, if the same thing happened to the Scots or Welsh there would be a similar moan.
    Nothing to do with right wing.
    Yeah but the thing is I bet 80% of the people outraged voted Tory and read the Daily Mail. And you know this as well but won't admit it just like they never admit they made a mistake with brexit, it was just the wrong deal. Made by the people they voted for. Ok then.

It's just a silly marketing thing to make those that think that way think I must buy a latest shirt to stretch over my belly while I watch the games in the pub. The manufacturers don't give any thought to England's flag, as apparently nor do the F.A. Interestingly Nike have also won the contract to supply the German kit and are annoying folk there by dropping traditional shirt markings. It's all about the money, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Maybe if people in this country were more accepting then they wouldn't change the flag at all due to all people feeling accepted, which they aren't.
    What a ridiculous thing to say. The UK is recognised as one of the most welcoming and inclusive countries in the world.
    Guardian headline "UK now among most accepting countries for foreign workers, survey finds"

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    What a ridiculous thing to say. The UK is recognised as one of the most welcoming and inclusive countries in the world.
    Guardian headline "UK now among most accepting countries for foreign workers, survey finds"
    I don't think then that you know how the working class view foreigners. I'm married into a large family and them plus their friends are racist. Not shout in the street but when talking amongst themselves. It's the same at my work which has what you would class working class white majorities. Then at the other end you have the older, retired Daily Mail readers, not all of them but alot don't trust or accept foreigners and say this area was much better when so and so didn't live here.

People of different cultures can live and work here as you state but are they all accepted by the majority of the UK? No way sorry, that's just not true. Also whatever peoples reasons for brexit, and I'm sure there were good ones, alot voted for it to keep out foreigners, I know cause I heard and read it, they were especially worried about Turkey for instance flooding the streets. I know what I see and hear, I don't need to be told this is a paradise as it's not.

I think you're confusing that we allow religious frredoms but they're not accepted. If every town, village in England had a massive mosque built in it and the streets were teeming with Muslims, you honestly think the majority would be happy? You're living in dreamland mate.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I don't think then that you know how the working class view foreigners. I'm married into a large family and them plus their friends are racist. Not shout in the street but when talking amongst themselves. It's the same at my work which has what you would class working class white majorities. Then at the other end you have the older, retired Daily Mail readers, not all of them but alot don't trust or accept foreigners and say this area was much better when so and so didn't live here.

People of different cultures can live and work here as you state but are they all accepted by the majority of the UK? No way sorry, that's just not true. Also whatever peoples reasons for brexit, and I'm sure there were good ones, alot voted for it to keep out foreigners, I know cause I heard and read it, they were especially worried about Turkey for instance flooding the streets. I know what I see and hear, I don't need to be told this is a paradise as it's not.
    A classic case of tarring everyone with the same brush’ if you change the way you look at things the things you look at change’.

I don’t think you realise it but you’re more prejudice than you think ‘there’s none as prejudice than those who cry prejudice themselves’
    Last edited by keldsyke; 23-03-2024 at 01:28 PM.

The thing is I didn't tar EVERYONE with the same brush. I said the MAJORITY wouldn't be happy with a mosque built and that I'm sure there were GOOD REASONS for some people voting brexit. It's ok though, read it how you want to suit your narrative. Anyway we won't agree that Britain is a welcoming promised land to foreigners (although it is to some but only the right kind) and that the majority of people would be happy with a mosque or inundated with Muslims in their area. I also don't think the MAJORITY of the public give two ****s about the cross on the back of the England collar. Have a good weekend Kelds.

I don’t remember the same fuss when UKIP used a purple union jack as a logo, or when the Conservatives used a tree shaped union jack as a logo. It seems it’s OK when a British right wing political party plays silly beggars with our national symbols

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Looks like Nike are trying to force their wokeness on everyone!! It's a disgrace that they think they can alter our national flag without a care in the world!!

At £128 a shirt they can f**king keep it!
    This is an absolutely scandalous outrage. I can't get worked up over the colour of a tiny flag, but £128 for a shirt is disgraceful. I found this price incredible so I looked it up, and it's not quite the truth.

The basic shirt is £85, the Dri-Fit one is £125. Still a disgusting rip off.

England trying their best to look like notts tonight, all bark and no bite whatsoever. Gallagher, Watkins and Chillwell are nowhere near good enough to be starting for England.

Not winning anything with Southgate in charge.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast