+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cobblers v Rams

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    My expectations as I've consistently said all season is that Derby will finish in the top 6. I hope we get automatic promotion and I am disappointed with the loss to Northampton, but I didn't expect Derby to not drop more pts between now and the end of the season, so on that score maybe I'm more of a realist?
    Hmmm…after the Bolton match and the Gayle injury you said, ‘I think we’ll be fine, just keep it tight and nick 1-0’s for the last few matches’.
    I think that’s what most of us anticipated, certainly at Northampton, and I didn’t expect Derby ‘to not drop more pts’ either which is why I predicted us picking up 16 of the last 21 points available.
    So…not sure why you want to become competitive over it, but I’d say that in terms of hopes, disappointment and realism we are very similar.
    All I’ll add is that, in terms of automatic promotion, Friday will tell us a lot and a repeat of the away league victory, rather than the early season Cup performance at PP, would be very welcome.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 26-03-2024 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Hmmm…after the Bolton match and the Gayle injury you said, ‘I think we’ll be fine, just keep it tight and nick 1-0’s for the last few matches’.
    I think that’s what most of us anticipated, certainly at Northampton, and I didn’t expect Derby ‘to not drop more pts’ either which is why I predicted us picking up 16 of the last 21 points available.
    So…not sure why you want to become competitive over it, but I’d say that in terms of hopes, disappointment and realism we are very similar.
    All I’ll add is that, in terms of automatic promotion, Friday will tell us a lot and a repeat of the away league victory, rather than the early season Cup performance at PP, would be very welcome.
    I'm not being competitive, just having a discussion. Yes I did say that, but it was more in hope than expectation!! Also back in September when you were moaning about Derby being mid table and Warne's tactics being cr@p and his signings being rubbish, I was quite sanguine and confident that Derby would be in the top 6 by the end of the season. Which would suggest I'm a tad more philosophical about Derby than you are, or at least how your posts make you seem.

Friday isn't make or break, it would be nice to get a win keep 2nd spot and knock another game off, I still think it will be a nail biting finish to the season, its the derby way!
    Last edited by swaledale; 26-03-2024 at 05:08 PM.

I'm not being competitive, just having a discussion. Yes I did say that, but it was more in hope than expectation!! Also back in September when you were moaning about Derby being mid table and Warne's tactics being cr@p and his signings being rubbish, I was quite sanguine and confident that Derby would be in the top 6 by the end of the season. Which would suggest I'm a tad more philosophical about Derby than you are, or at least how your posts make you seem.

Friday isn't make or break, it would be nice to get a win keep 2nd spot and knock another game off, I still think it will be a nail biting finish to the season, its the derby way!
    Lol…let’s save the discussion about his signings till the end of the season…but ‘sanguine’ is one thing you’re not.

You’re right of course, Blackpool isn’t ‘make or break’, but it’s kind of stating the blindingly obvious to say you ‘think it will be a nail biting finish to the season’…and a win on Friday would help enormously…not just in terms of points.

Lol…let’s save the discussion about his signings till the end of the season…but ‘sanguine’ is one thing you’re not.

You’re right of course, Blackpool isn’t ‘make or break’, but it’s kind of stating the blindingly obvious to say you ‘think it will be a nail biting finish to the season’…and a win on Friday would help enormously…not just in terms of points.
    I'm certainly sanguine regarding Derby! I'm obviously keen to see an automatic promotion place secured, but I've been confident that we'd be in the promotion mix come the end of the season since last September.

The majority of signings can't be that bad, given most have contributed to where the team is in the league!

Actually I'm laid back about everything else really, its just fun with certain people to be a bit agitated!!

I'm certainly sanguine regarding Derby!

Actually I'm laid back about everything else really…
    Course you are…known for it…you keep telling yourself that.

Course you are…known for it…you keep telling yourself that.
    I don't need to tell myself, because 1. I don't take much posted on here seriously and 2.Though there is lots wrong with the world, I know I can do **** all about it and take life as it comes 3. I enjoy winding people up it amuses me. 4. Its funny that some people believe I "lose my ****" when I don't its all just joshing.

its all just joshing.
    Plagiarism

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Plagiarism
    …and complete bollux! Still…as long as he thinks he’s Mr. Happy.

These lasts few posts have really cheered me up during this spell of utterly crap weather! Love it🤣😂

…and complete bollux! Still…as long as he thinks he’s Mr. Happy.
    Then your rather less discerning than I give you credit for! As for AF's post, as per usual its noise signifying nothing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)