+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Botman - Murphy

Botman - Murphy

With Botman now out, do we reckon Murphy will get a chance?

I think we'll see Lascelle on the first team sheet but Murphy on the bench?

He's been likened to Botman and played in pre-season, has been having a good season with U23/U21s and is now out with first team in Dubai.

Eddie has shown he's not afraid to throw our youngsters in.

Aye, possibly.

Might as well-our season is as good as over.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    With Botman now out, do we reckon Murphy will get a chance?

I think we'll see Lascelle on the first team sheet but Murphy on the bench?

He's been likened to Botman and played in pre-season, has been having a good season with U23/U21s and is now out with first team in Dubai.

Eddie has shown he's not afraid to throw our youngsters in.
    Unless we're out there in Dubai to see if Saylor want's to rejoin on a short term loan we ain't got much choice right now.

It's a sorry start of affairs but the silver lining is that the young'uns are getting opportunities and exposure to first team action.

Depending on Tino availability or not, I hope/think it is more likely to see Burn moving into centre half (if not Lascelles) and then more of Krafth/Targett/Hall even playing at fullback positions.

Might mean Murphy gets on the bench, but would be behind Lascelles and Burn to start in the middle I would assume.

Aye, the season is a write off now. We are safe so why not make the best of the competitive games and experiment with players and tactics for next season.

Should be a no brainer back four Tino , Schär, Burn,Hall could be a very good option and hopefully Pope will be back soon
    For those saying the season is a write off just remember our time with the Fat one when it carried on till the last game of most seasons
    I know it’s been hard to bear this year but those nights in the champions league with the drones will live in my mind and heart for many years

Quote Originally Posted by 5under1and View Post
    Should be a no brainer back four Tino , Schär, Burn,Hall could be a very good option and hopefully Pope will be back soon
    For those saying the season is a write off just remember our time with the Fat one when it carried on till the last game of most seasons
    I know it’s been hard to bear this year but those nights in the champions league with the drones will live in my mind and heart for many years
    Oh for sure, there are a few CL high points that I am grateful for and I am very happy that our safety is secured so early on but I had hoped for more this year - at least a league cup but acknowledge luck and injury scuppered us. I say roll the turdd of a season in glitter and get what positives we can by experimenting and blooding players now for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by 5under1and View Post
    Yes, I agree. Saying it's a write-off isn't a complaint. We've come such a long way but that doesn't change what a disappointment of a season its been. It's not only that I'd hoped for so much more, it's that, barring the absolutely ridiculous injuriy list, we were capable of so much more.

Whoa there, agree it hasn’t gone to plan but let’s not talk about writing the season off.

Given our fixture list we can still push for a spot in Europe.. and I expect that is the ambition club, Howe and squad still has.

Quote Originally Posted by Nufcian View Post
    Whoa there, agree it hasn’t gone to plan but let’s not talk about writing the season off.

Given our fixture list we can still push for a spot in Europe.. and I expect that is the ambition club, Howe and squad still has.
    May be controversial to say but I'd like to skip Europa altogether next year to have a proper run at getting the CL the following year. Like we did last year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)