+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FAO Mick with regards household energy

FAO Mick with regards household energy

Let’s hope they are still alive when paying for this work and materials FFS.

Our largest energy consumption is the fact the washing machine and tumble dryer are on all day with kids and a large dog ie using dog towels when it’s wet ie every day. Tumble dryers are great but costly and pegging clothes on a line is what happened when people had outside bogs!

If they spent £50k on it , would they they get it back if the sold the house .
    I've looked into solar power and the payback is too long for me at our age , plus my wife thinks they are ugly .
    We have got treble glazing , next job will be a better front door .
    The composite door we had fitted is crap .

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    If they spent £50k on it , would they they get it back if the sold the house .
    I've looked into solar power and the payback is too long for me at our age , plus my wife thinks they are ugly .
    We have got treble glazing , next job will be a better front door .
    The composite door we had fitted is crap .

Your wife is right - they do look ugly! Can’t beat good insulation under the ground floor, all ceilings and loft. That said, we have fantastic insulation because the property was absolutely gutted but for us it’s the washing machine and tumble dryer using a good chunk of the energy but certainly not compromising on them!

Value on house will always be the location, kitchen, bathrooms and everyone wants open plan now.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Your wife is right - they do look ugly! Can’t beat good insulation under the ground floor, all ceilings and loft. That said, we have fantastic insulation because the property was absolutely gutted but for us it’s the washing machine and tumble dryer using a good chunk of the energy but certainly not compromising on them!

Value on house will always be the location, kitchen, bathrooms and everyone wants open plan now.
    I agree about underfloor insulation, my builder in Harrogate was surprised when I asked him to stuff under the downstairs floors with insulation but it’s made a massive difference.

In general, unless building from the ground up I don’t think it’s worth doing a lot of the solar and heat pump stuff from a value for money aspect, especially in your 50’s and beyond.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)