+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Salford City [EFL L2] 23.03.24

Those are characterisations of the discourse. An opinion in itself.
    I don't think you know what 'closing down criticism' is. As I'm the one making the unfashionable, minority point here I think it's worth asking if anyone's trying to close anyone down, who is it?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    You sure about that?
    They'd literally just beaten us in the play-offs when we took Cameron and Nemane off them.

Right ok I see what you're saying. Let me write it more clearly as I didn't word it well:

He came to us from a promotion rival as a player with League 2 experience.

You sure about that?
    Yes, you got it wrong. But you won't believe me, so check for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    They'd literally just beaten us in the play-offs when we took Cameron and Nemane off them.
    Yes that was my point. He was signed as promotion winning (or thereabouts) player.

But the way I worded it might have made it sound like I thought he had League 2 experience with Torquay, which I think is what anticlough was objecting to.

Cameron came to us with League 2 experience from a (at the time) promotion rival, and played well as a ball playing defender in a team full to the brim with talent. I personally dont think he did anything superhuman by helping us get promotion - that's what he was brought in to do. He did his job and did it well - well done.
    No he came to us from NLS Torquay, hardly played any games outside the non league on loan. Last season our defence was hardly needed as the ball spent most the time up the other end of the pitch or in our possession. Now he's up against better teams with better organisation and we're no longer winning the possession stats he's struggling. He's just one a few contracted players we need to try and move on in the summer in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Yes, you got it wrong. But you won't believe me, so check for yourself.
    I didn't get it wrong, the way I worded it was slightly ambiguous, that's all.

Why are you hell bent on making this discussion unpleasant?

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    No he came to us from NLS Torquay, hardly played any games outside the non league on loan. Last season our defence was hardly needed as the ball spent most the time up the other end of the pitch or in our possession. Now he's up against better teams with better organisation and we're no longer winning the possession stats he's struggling. He's just one a few contracted players we need to try and move on in the summer in my opinion.
    He came from Torquay when they were our promotion rivals in the NL.

I think Cameron would have made a significantly better lwb than Chicksen, but either way there’s literally no reason why Jodi should be moved from that position. 4 or 5 assists in the last game before the head coach took over.

Maynard has done it again and again for various apparent reasons and it’s obviously never worked.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Those are characterisations of the discourse. An opinion in itself.
    I don't think you know what 'closing down criticism' is. As I'm the one making the unfashionable, minority point here I think it's worth asking if anyone's trying to close anyone down, who is it?
    People who make minority points can try to shut down discussion, yes.

Logically there is no reason why that is not possible, and in practice it happens all the time in public discourse.

If people say Cameron isn't very good, tell them why you think he is good. Don't imply they have a vendetta against him, or that he is beyond criticism for sentimental reasons.

Simple as that really.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast