+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Salford City [EFL L2] 23.03.24

No reason why we should not be able to turn it round second half- its possible ibut t does not seem likely at this point

Really poor.

They're playing like Maynard's thought processes - hesitant, muddled, scared
    And it starts with him. The answer to Nemane being out isn't to take Jones away from the left and put the toothless Chicksen there. From being down on one side, he's made sure we're down on both

Nemame - Austin
    Jones -Jones

is obviously better than

Nemane - Jones
    Jones- Chicksen

If he says it was to 'nullify' whatever Salford have, then I give up completely

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    I just don't understand why we can't take the momentum from the 2nd half Tuesday in to this game?
    Yeah, Salford are stifling us a bit, but we look like we're out of ideas.
    I'd suggest moving Jones back to the left. Subbing off Chicks for Bostock and putting Austin at RWB.
    I think Bostock instead of Austin to link up with defence. And Didzy instead of Chicks to give a bit more threat. Crowley needs to up his game.

You can play crap and go in 0-0 but when you have clowns like Cameron starting it's like a goal start for the opposition before kick off which has bween shown time and time again.Why can't the management see it and we can?What does he bring to the team except crass errors.

That was rotten.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    I just don't understand why we can't take the momentum from the 2nd half Tuesday in to this game?
    Yeah, Salford are stifling us a bit, but we look like we're out of ideas.
    I'd suggest moving Jones back to the left. Subbing off Chicks for Bostock and putting Austin at RWB.
    Spot on correct!

Very disjointed. Some promising situations but fizzling out due to poor final ball.

Disappointed we didn't have more shots, even from distance seeing as we had posession around the box rather than in it, and a strong wind behind us.

Cameron having a mare. Warner not really kicking on after a few appearances now. Robertson playing well.

One thing I don't get is this: if there are no easy balls out, and the long balls aren't really working, why don't our defenders try to dribble out more.

That is the point of these defenders. If they're not going to do that, we may as well get people who can actually defend in.

What an abject 45 minutes of slow, ponderous, crap football. Thought after Bradford, we might have seen a spark, but Christ on a bike.
    Absolutely awful
    And fecking Cameron is diabolical.
    Even the fecking bovril tastes dodgy today!

Big half for Maynard. We've had one false dawn with Newport, a 2nd false dawn will erode confidence that he can ever turn around this abysmal start.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    45 minutes away from equalling the club record sequence of home defeats.
    Not onlt that anything other than a win will mean maynard is worse than Fullarton , absolutely disgracefull

Fullarton P12 W3 D1 L 8 - Points 10
    Mayanrd P 11 W2 D2 L7 Points 8

It could have been the worse thing beating Bradford- because it will keep Maynard here now at least to the end of the season

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast