+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Salford City [EFL L2] 23.03.24

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Contract or no contract the only ones I would keep for next year are. ML, Crowley, Macari, Robbo, Jaffacake, JJ, Slocombe (on the bench). Come the end of the season Notts should hire a minibus and ship the rest of the crap out of Nottingham, SM can drive the bugger.
    I like it - Maynard can drive the bus haha

It was nowhere near a good performance. Actually, it was a bad game. Salford are a run-of-the-mill thuggish L2 side. The ref never had the game under control. Someone needs to point out to him that nobody pays to see him standing around chatting at length with players.

Just a few months back we were guaranteed fantastic value for money and entertainment at Meadow Lane. That's gone.

The only reason Cameron plays each week is because we have no bugger else (which tells a sorry tale). He is a walking liability under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    It was nowhere near a good performance. Actually, it was a bad game. Salford are a run-of-the-mill thuggish L2 side. The ref never had the game under control. Someone needs to point out to him that nobody pays to see him standing around chatting at length with players.

Just a few months back we were guaranteed fantastic value for money and entertainment at Meadow Lane. That's gone.
    I dont think anybody could have foresaw this collapse a few months ago

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    I know we have opposing views on Cameron, but surely, as his greatest supporter, you’ve got to admit the centre half playing for the dog and duck tomorrow morning looks better than Cameron.
    No commitment at all and spends all his time throwing his hands in the air in frustration when he lets goals in.
    Captain? FFS.
    I’m not his greatest supporter at all if you look at ALL of our CBs I’d say there isn’t much difference in any of them.

Drop Cameron sure no problem but I doubt it changes much.

That first goal does not happen if O’Brien/Robertson goes for the ball Austin did it was weak and left us wide open and being honest we were poor and deserved to lose.

The moving of Jones to RWB was mind boggling as on the other side Chicksen does not have the energy/pace to play wing back now he was hung out to dry there.

Maynard's home PPG now at 0.17.
    Over 23 home games that would yield 4 points. He really has been a horror show at Meadow Lane.

Home and away, he's now had a quarter of a season in charge.......

First 12 games in charge this century.....
    1. Steve Cotterill W10 D2 L0 Pts:32
    2. Luke Williams W8 D3 L1 Pts:27
    3. Keith Curle W8 D2 L2 Pts:26
    4. Steve Thompson W6 D5 L1 Pts:23
    5. Gudjon Thordarson W4 D6 L2 Pts:18
    6. Kevin Nolan W5 D3 L4 Pts:18
    7. Shaun Derry W5 D2 L5 Pts:17
    8. Ian Burchnall W5 D2 L5 Pts:17
    9. John Sheridan W5 D2 L5 Pts:17
    10. Paul Ince W4 D4 L4 Pts:16
    11. Craig Short W5 D1 L6 Pts:16
    12. Gary Mills W4 D3 L5 Pts:15
    13. Chris Kiwomya W3 D6 L3 Pts:15
    14. Ian Richardson W4 D3 L5 Pts:15
    15. Martin Allen W4 D2 L6 Pts:14
    16. Ian McParland W3 D3 L6 Pts:12
    17. Jocky Scott W3 D3 L6 Pts:12
    18. Ricardo Moniz W3 D3 L6 Pts:12
    19. Neal Ardley W3 D3 L6 Pts:12
    20. Jamie Fullarton W3 D1 L8 Pts:10 ***Fullarton sacked at this point
    21. Gary Brazil (2) W1 D5 L6 Pts:8
    22. Stuart Maynard W2 D2 L8 Pts:8
    23. Billy Dearden W2 D2 L8 Pts:8

Kewell had been sacked after game 11, Craig Short would get one more game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowpie View Post
    I'm normally quite calm but sack the **** now and half that team .And take the captain with him. Cameron is a fuxking joke of a footballer
    Getting carried away again?

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    I dont think anybody could have foresaw this collapse a few months ago
    Yes it is a collapse
    I remember posts when he started with us in the play offs. People were expecting us to at least hold our position. Sinking to mid-table was described as failure. There wasn't even a mention of plummeting deep into the bottom-half

You need to accept he is now going to see the season out as there is zero chance of the drop so he will get 19-20 games.

The season is dead anyway unless we blood some youth players but you can be sure as s**t we won’t use this opportunity either so it’s carry on regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    You need to accept he is now going to see the season out as there is zero chance of the drop so he will get 19-20 games.

The season is dead anyway unless we blood some youth players but you can be sure as s**t we won’t use this opportunity either so it’s carry on regardless.
    The win at Bradford all but guaranteed Maynard would remain this season
    But for me and i am sure many other supporters, its not this season that worries me, its next season. I think with SM in charge next season - we could be in real trouble ??

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast