+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Salford City [EFL L2] 23.03.24

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    I’m not his greatest supporter at all if you look at ALL of our CBs I’d say there isn’t much difference in any of them.

Drop Cameron sure no problem but I doubt it changes much.

That first goal does not happen if O’Brien/Robertson goes for the ball Austin did it was weak and left us wide open and being honest we were poor and deserved to lose.

The moving of Jones to RWB was mind boggling as on the other side Chicksen does not have the energy/pace to play wing back now he was hung out to dry there.
    I’m not defending the rest of them. They’re all ****e!
    Baldwin is the best of a bad bunch.
    Cameron is the worst.

Time to go, Mr Maynard.

You’re not up to the job.

How many times do we have to do that goal kick process before they realise it does nothing? Slocombe to cameron, back to slowcombe who the walks up the pitch before hoofing to to no one. They will alway do that because they are too stupid to think about what they are doing.

Those two are abosolute f*cki*g garbage. I see some are defending Slocombe; why, he is f*cki*g garbage? His distribution is an absolute f*cki*g joke, there is no urgency in his play. When he went down injured I was half way hoping between a seaon ending injury and a career ending one. A good keeper would start the build up to a new play, him, he just hold on to the ball until the opposition have sorted themselves out and are ready for us.

As for Maynard, heis soout of his depth it is embarrassing, he doesn't even reailse how bad we were today. In his interview claiming we were the better side, promising same old same old for the rest of the season. There is no hope for a turn around, attendance is going to plummet if he stays.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Maynard's home PPG now at 0.17.
    Over 23 home games that would yield 4 points. He really has been a horror show at Meadow Lane.

Home and away, he's now had a quarter of a season in charge.......

First 12 games in charge this century.....
    1. Steve Cotterill W10 D2 L0 Pts:32
    2. Luke Williams W8 D3 L1 Pts:27
    3. Keith Curle W8 D2 L2 Pts:26
    4. Steve Thompson W6 D5 L1 Pts:23
    5. Gudjon Thordarson W4 D6 L2 Pts:18
    6. Kevin Nolan W5 D3 L4 Pts:18
    7. Shaun Derry W5 D2 L5 Pts:17
    8. Ian Burchnall W5 D2 L5 Pts:17
    9. John Sheridan W5 D2 L5 Pts:17
    10. Paul Ince W4 D4 L4 Pts:16
    11. Craig Short W5 D1 L6 Pts:16
    12. Gary Mills W4 D3 L5 Pts:15
    13. Chris Kiwomya W3 D6 L3 Pts:15
    14. Ian Richardson W4 D3 L5 Pts:15
    15. Martin Allen W4 D2 L6 Pts:14
    16. Ian McParland W3 D3 L6 Pts:12
    17. Jocky Scott W3 D3 L6 Pts:12
    18. Ricardo Moniz W3 D3 L6 Pts:12
    19. Neal Ardley W3 D3 L6 Pts:12
    20. Jamie Fullarton W3 D1 L8 Pts:10 ***Fullarton sacked at this point
    21. Gary Brazil (2) W1 D5 L6 Pts:8
    22. Stuart Maynard W2 D2 L8 Pts:8
    23. Billy Dearden W2 D2 L8 Pts:8

Kewell had been sacked after game 11, Craig Short would get one more game.
    The above table tells us all we need to know about SM, worse than Fullarton and Ardley- god we are in real trouble

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    I’m not defending the rest of them. They’re all ****e!
    Baldwin is the best of a bad bunch.
    Cameron is the worst.
    Well that is your opinion I say Cameron is better than Brindley and Rawlinson if those two take his shirt you will see that too.

What is clear we need new CBs and also we need some more quality in CM too.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusCole View Post
    How many times do we have to do that goal kick process before they realise it does nothing? Slocombe to cameron, back to slowcombe who the walks up the pitch before hoofing to to no one. They will alway do that because they are too stupid to think about what they are doing.

Those two are abosolute f*cki*g garbage. I see some are defending Slocombe; why, he is f*cki*g garbage? His distribution is an absolute f*cki*g joke, there is no urgency in his play. When he went down injured I was half way hoping between a seaon ending injury and a career ending one. A good keeper would start the build up to a new play, him, he just hold on to the ball until the opposition have sorted themselves out and are ready for us.

As for Maynard, heis soout of his depth it is embarrassing, he doesn't even reailse how bad we were today. In his interview claiming we were the better side, promising same old same old for the rest of the season. There is no hope for a turn around, attendance is going to plummet if he stays.
    Think Slocambe has been a bit unfortunate tbh, he has made some excellent saves in recent games, and he can not be blamed for a poor midfield that is easily overun, a poor manager, and slocambe comes under continous pressure

There is no hope for a turn around, attendance is going to plummet if he stays.
    Saturday home gates only table with Maynard's games in bold......

1. Sat 14/Oct/2023 16,638 v Mansfield Town
    2. Sat 28/Oct/2023 16,083 v Wrexham
    3. Sat 12/Aug/2023 12,950 v Grimsby Town
    5. Sat 18/Nov/2023 11,909 v Bradford City
    6. Sat 24/Feb/2024 11,470 v Crewe Alexandra
    7. Sat 27/Jan/2024 11,243 v Barrow
    8. Sat 9/Dec/2023 11,040 v Walsall
    9. Sat 23/Sep/2023 10,648 v Forest Green Rovers
    11. Sat 9/Mar/2024 10,224 v Wimbledon
    12. Sat 26/Aug/2023 10,174 v Tranmere Rovers
    13. Sat 23/Mar/2024 9,967 v Salford City
    14. Sat 2/Sep/2023 9,846 v Accrington Stanley

While I agree slocombe was poor today, wishing a season ending/career ending injury on one of our own players is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Well that is your opinion I say Cameron is better than Brindley and Rawlinson if those two take his shirt you will see that too.

What is clear we need new CBs and also we need some more quality in CM too.
    We're close to needing a new 11 in the summer.

We don't have a solid spine at all. Robertson has looked a good signing. We build around him because I'd expect Jones and Macca to be off. In fact, if we had a time machine, I'd go back and put macca up for sale in the Jan window and see what we could get for him.

We need a solid formation. 3 at the back has proven to be too much for us to deal with. Last season, attacking flair and momentum hid the shaky defence. That and the motivational skills of Luke Williams.

Now we look defeated on the first kick off.

The list of needs is endless!

I'll end by saying a manager who has input into transfers is a must. We don't need another coach that'll follow the lead of the brothers and play possession based, 3 at the back and no say in who comes in.

We need a manager, not a head coach. Over to you brothers...because if you don't change paths soon...we'll be languishing at the bottom...if not relegated again.

You can only look at those attendances figures with anguish

It's taken decades (and Covid) for us to get numbers like that, and for the future of the club that is more important than any single season's outcome, style of play, current recruitment policy. The new and returning fans have given Notts County FC a chance to re-establish itself higher up the leagues. We're threatening to squander this chance completely.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast