+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ivan Toney

Ivan Toney

Anyone else thinks he got of too lightly for breaking the betting rules ?
    8 month ,of which include pre season .
    Now's he is back in the England squad and will get a big move in the summer .

He breaks the rules, Brentford have to support him during his ban, then he wants to jump ship for more money. Greedy git.

I suppose it depends on an individuals' interpretation of lightly. Whatever your interpretation he's missed a dollop of football and time on the pitch to develop his game and fulfill his potential that he'll never get back.

While not familiar with the terms of his suspension and contract I dare say he had to train on his own for those months to the potential detriment of his mental wellbeing and very likely missed out on bonuses with Brentford on top of getting a fine.

And whilst he's in the England squad now he's undoubtedly missed out on a number of caps which in turn would have led either to improved terms with Brentford or a big money move. All in all I think he's paid quite a hefty price to be honest.

Nobody to blame but himself.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Nobody to blame but himself.
    Fk it yeah, let's just hang him and be done with it Mike. None of this modern day namby pamby s hit 😃 😉.

He’s more than paid for what he did - hardly life or death was it?

Maybe he should have had a rainbow flag tattoo on his butt!

Hanging was abolished long ago! Basically, what I posted was an observation from afar that he hasn’t done Brentford any favours and no sooner is he back playing again that he (apparently) wants away. Not a great attitude, is what I was suggesting. We all know, though, that there is no loyalty in football. Even I, with my clearly draconian views, would not advocate capital punishment for a betting offence!

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Hanging was abolished long ago! Basically, what I posted was an observation from afar that he hasn’t done Brentford any favours and no sooner is he back playing again that he (apparently) wants away. Not a great attitude, is what I was suggesting. We all know, though, that there is no loyalty in football. Even I, with my clearly draconian views, would not advocate capital punishment for a betting offence!
    And then there's the curious case of Ilias Chair. Although under Belgian jurisdiction where you have to try incredibly hard to get sent down he essentially got away with breaking a lorry drivers skull with a tyre iron. Even Ivan Toney wouldn't have betted on an acquittal for that one as Chair didn't really have a leg to stand on 😉 .

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)