+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Raith

Quote Originally Posted by Handsup View Post
    I remember reading an interview with Luggy about his time at United where he said he had asked advice from SAF about his underperforming team, who were sinking fast after a horrendous run of results. SAF advised him to forget playing his most ‘talented’ players and play the ones who will dig in give their all for each other to get results. Quite what that team would look like from this bunch is hard to imagine but I get the principle. Too many players on the books just now who expect it to just happen.

you could say thats the team that played against Morton (A) but then pretty much the same team played against Dunfermline and it was the worst performance of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    you could say thats the team that played against Morton (A) but then pretty much the same team played against Dunfermline and it was the worst performance of the season.
    The Morton win has gone in to folklore as some kind of great blueprint of how United win matches when in reality is was an awful match in which we managed to score a goal and Morton didn't, which is perhaps not surprising when you consider Morton are off form and have scored only one goal in their last 6 games, that is 1 solitary goal in over 9 hours of football. JG was even puzzled after the Dunfermline defeat saying it worked against Morton. Its a different game of football FFS.

I dont want to hear JG prematch again saying I told the players 'to be calm' or Grieve playing up front or we will have to play long balls because of weather conditions etc. Anything short of a pumped up United team, playing with a high tempo will just not be good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    We were f*cking awful vs Morton mate.

I think we can get a victory on Saturday; we have the players who are capable of winning this match. I just hope all of them turn up in a positive manner
    Come on United!!

I thought the Morton game showed a bit of team spirit and fighting quality...but not much else. It would have been an entirely different game if they had scored first. Over the past few games, I have really struggled to see where our goals are coming from, we will definitely need our forwards to have their shooting boots on this weekend!

Morton’s main striker has been injured the last few weeks. Can’t recall his name off the top of my head. Agree with weegiearab assessment though.

Every week its like watching talented boxers going into the ring and told to use one hand only and not move from a particular corner. Then when they get pummelled to feck having no way to respond...

It's quite simple....win the next 6 games and win the league. Fail to win on Saturday and our destiny is out of our own hands. It is a massive game for us.....and we all know how that normally goes! Saturday would be a great time to get the "bottlers" monkey off our back.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    It's quite simple....win the next 6 games and win the league. Fail to win on Saturday and our destiny is out of our own hands. It is a massive game for us.....and we all know how that normally goes! Saturday would be a great time to get the "bottlers" monkey off our back.
    We are pretty much back where we were for the post split games last season. It's sh*t or bust time and sadly I'm expecting the same outcome. I wish I could have confidence in these players and the fud of a manager but I simply don't.

quite nervous about Saturday, Think the majority of our fans think were not going to win.

Hopefully the boys can prove us wrong and for god's sake score first.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)