+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Raith

Also maybe we should get NIKE to produce next seasons strip and replicate their powder puff crest.......

I fear the worst on Saturday. I can honestly see it being about 3-0 Raith and if it does end up like that, in all honesty no one will be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I fear the worst on Saturday. I can honestly see it being about 3-0 Raith and if it does end up like that, in all honesty no one will be surprised.
    I predict a draw. Really I think this title race is going to the last minutes of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I predict a draw. Really I think this title race is going to the last minutes of the season.
    not sure i can handle that

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Season defining if we lose definitely, we could win and I still would have no confidence of us letting over the line. Manager seems to make big tactical mistakes that cost us every other game now. Have to back the team though, criminal we don't have the shed.
    This is where I am. Wouldn't be surprised to see us actually beat Raith and then ****e the bed against Queen's Park next week.

Depressingly enough, for anyone that hasn't already checked, over the last 9 games (ie full round of fixtures) QP are 2 points and +6 goal difference better off than us. How utterly depressing.

Having said above however, would be equally unsurprised if Raith hose us.

Is it time we switched to 3--5-2 formation?

We have over relied on our defence to bail us out this season and now they are going thriugh a bad patch our forward players ain't good enough to bail the defence out. It gives us the opportunity to play 2 upfront to occupy opposition defence. Could try playing Kai up alongside Moult. What we are doing right now isn't working and something has to change

If we do somehow get up I don't see how we can play anything but that formation tbh.

Im Miller Thomson we have someone I think has the attributes to play the wing back role, dare say Middleton could be more suited to that because he certainly isn't a winger and does help defensively. I think Cudjoe needs to be playing more give him a chance centrality.

I don't know but something needs to change

Play our best team in their usual positions.....and every single player wins their individual battles and gives their all for the full match, and we will win comfortably. Unfortunately, we haven't managed to do this for most of the season...no formation is going to fix this. Our defence need to be giving 100% concentration, midfield need to be focused and bust a b0llock and the strikers need to be clinical-taking the opportunities when they come.

What we have had recently is defensive brain farts, midfielders hiding or over hitting crosses and strikers that couldn't find their own erses with both hands.

If I hear the words "bitterly disappointed " coming out of Goodwins mouth at Saturday teatime...I will murder someone!

I've said it all season we are poor in front of goal, seems bit crazy given the goal difference, but neither watt, grieve or Middleton are goalscorers you would bank on taking a big opportunity. Look at chance Middleton had last minute of first game at Raith, watt had early v Raith last time, got to take those chances. Moult is closest we've got to a goalscorer, has come up with some good and important goals past couple of months, but even he has had shocking misses v Arbroath and Dunfermline, and rarely notches more than a single. Fotheringham has an eye for goal, but off boil and doesn't contribute as much at moment.

Raith seem to have clutch players that often deliver at crucial moments, given how tight their matches are. I'd even suggest they have more dangerous options off bench. Grieve brings nothing sorry, wetherspoon might if fit, but therein lies problem.

Defence was what got us where we are, but becoming a liability, not helped by Goodwins choices last week at full back.

Pressure on our players here, we'll see if they can rise to the occasion just for once. But there's pressure on Goodwins CV too because if he can't get us promoted he's not going to get another top flight opportunity anywhere. He'll know that. And FFS don't tell the players to be calm Jim, rookie mistake, it's not the Camp Nou, tell them to be fired up and ready to rip into them! Get the first goal then get the second as well 😎
    Please.

Absolutely agree, cant believe he has said more than once about keeping the players calm. Fk me it needs to be the exact opposite, get them pumped up & take the game to the opposition from the kick off, should be in their faces noising them up. Telling them they are way better than any other team ( I know ) & get it fkn done. No point in telling the fans to get up for it if the players come out like they are on sedatives

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)