+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Straw poll: Maynard in or out?

Current voting In 0 Out 19

IN! and get rid of the wasters on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Piessince67 View Post
    Current voting In 0 Out 19
    OUT - make that In 0, Out 20

In.

Until they have a replacement lined up that they are confident will do a better job.

Sacking a head coach with no replacement is dumb.

Today's team set up, as much as the obvious factor of previous results, has tipped the balance in my mind. I sorry to say it, but I don't think Stuart Maynard has the clarity of vision or sufficient confidence of the players to lead this team into next season. Out, but as Jampie says above, not necessarily instant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    In.

Until they have a replacement lined up that they are confident will do a better job.

Sacking a head coach with no replacement is dumb.
    I rather have JOB until the end of the season and let them take their time choosing a replacement.

As we are safe, I agree with Jampie, wait until another coach can be found - Then OUT

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    I rather have JOB until the end of the season and let them take their time choosing a replacement.
    My concern with JOB is that he has massively less experience than SM. Results could be even worse. There's no reason to think he'll do better and it could ruin his potential future as a coach by slugging him with an absolute mess of a situation first time out.

I could of course be wrong and JOB could turn it all around. I just can't think of a single reason to believe that. Much as I can't see any evidence that SM is going to pull it off at this point.

I can see this happening.....
    He will limp on to the end of the season, it will then go quiet whilst we get distracted by Euro 24, some fans will then start saying 2023/24 was a learning curve and how excited they are for the summer re-build and new season to see what Maynard can do "with his own team", but we will then struggle to get players in because nobody better than what we have will much fancy playing for a part time non-league standard manager and out of desperation we will end up signing a bunch of players from Wealdstone who won't ever play for the club again after Maynard is finally sacked in October and the next man will struggle with the same issues whilst everybody pins their hopes on the January window to "finally kick start our season".

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Out .. but what worries me is what Leftfield option the brothers may bring in, I really have no faith in them regarding what’s needed for this league - the next option needs to come in with a proven record in this league AND League 1.
    Steve Evans has a job at the minute

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast