+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Straw poll: Maynard in or out?

Losing today and effectively nulling any chance of playoffs may convince the owners that now would be a good time to get rid of him….if only even for morale to end the season in a positive way. But there are valid concerns about who would take over, JOB isn’t the answer for me.

OUT - at the end of the season

Why wait till the end of the season,i would like a manager in now who can assess the squad,decides who to get rid of,and tells the head of reruitment what is needed

Quote Originally Posted by Piessince67 View Post
    Why wait till the end of the season,i would like a manager in now who can assess the squad,decides who to get rid of,and tells the head of reruitment what is needed

The problem might be that the head of recruitment tells the head coach what is needed.

Wanted to give him a chance

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Losing today and effectively nulling any chance of playoffs may convince the owners that now would be a good time to get rid of him….if only even for morale to end the season in a positive way. But there are valid concerns about who would take over, JOB isn’t the answer for me.

OUT - at the end of the season
    Wanted to give him a chance but his choice to change goalkeeper when the one who played last time and has better distribution and longer kick (was very windy and would have coped better). Then to play JJ on the right did not make sense and took 45 minutes to correct his stupid mistake.. I thought he would learn from his errors but he has not. So must now go

A telling sign for me is that all of whom I consider to be the most reasoned and balanced posters on NCM are all saying 'Out'.

I truly hoped Tuesday was the catalyst for change, but it seems more a flash in the pan. He's not helped again today by individual errors, but he seems to have instilled the intensity of a Burchnall team and combined it with the attacking flair of Ardley's relegation squad. How have we become so bad in such a short space of time?

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    Steve Evans has a job at the minute
    He does, but John Coleman doesn't. He did an incredible job at Accrington Stanley over many years. Yes they eventually came down from League one last year, but it was extraordinary they ever got there in the first place, let alone stayed there for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    A telling sign for me is that all of whom I consider to be the most reasoned and balanced posters on NCM are all saying 'Out'.

I truly hoped Tuesday was the catalyst for change, but it seems more a flash in the pan. He's not helped again today by individual errors, but he seems to have instilled the intensity of a Burchnall team and combined it with the attacking flair of Ardley's relegation squad. How have we become so bad in such a short space of time?
    Bradford are on a terrible run, everyone seemed to get excited but it was just them being worse than us. Look at the goals, pretty much all three were from long balls. Today Slocombe just launched long balls up the middle. I thought he was bought in to play possession football? I think he might just be on his way out if he's going to play this turgid football

Out. From week one it was clear he couldn't have a coaching role with veteran players so far from his own terms of reference, doesnt have the character to make it work like LW did. Not his fault, terrible, blase appointment and feel for him so far out of his depth. Sooner the better - out.

He needs to drop back down the pyramid and go again, maybe with a bigger outfit than Wealdstone; clearly has a lot of knowledge of the game, just not the experience. This will have been a huge wake up for him and his management team, regarding what is required at a club of this size. All is not lost for him, but unfortunately it's wrong time/club at this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Piessince67 View Post
    The problem with that is if performances & results do not show any immediate improvement the air of negativity would still be here for the start of next season.

As much as I hate the manager merry go round this guy seems to be taking us backwards with no sign of improvement so it's a reluctant out from me, either now with Job in as caretaker or at the end of the season.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast