+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Straw poll: Maynard in or out?

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Warnock would be a manager in charge selecting / assessing a squad of players for the type of football we dont play. If they want a smile on their face play a few family guy videos for them before they go training.im sure that would be a cheaper gig!.However I suppose we could get him in for a week assisting SM with some training and man management skills?
    Warnock is of a different era, and should now stick to massaging feet. You could put whoever you like alongside SM to educate him, but you would be flogging a dead horse. Cut our losses and get the taxi booked..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Warnock is of a different era, and should now stick to massaging feet. You could put whoever you like alongside SM to educate him, but you would be flogging a dead horse. Cut our losses and get the taxi booked..
    Whilst Warnock might not be the right man I suspect some are thinking that we need someone in short term who knows the lower leagues to give practical no-nonesense advice to the Bros and the recruitment team as to what we should/could be doing. SM has burnt his bridges and should leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Iremongersrighthand View Post
    I agree, why oh why do people constantly bring Warnock into the issue? He is the last person the Bros would contact. Why not ask Big Sam back? (just kidding).
    I think it might be because he had fantastic success at Notts, has a great track record including Premiership management, is renowned for his man motivation and is convincing in media opportunities. In fairness, I think the Brothers might be the last owners he would want to work for!

Out out shake it all about - John Coleman?

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    Out out shake it all about - John Coleman?
    Can't remember if I mentioned him in this or another thread, but surely yes.

Currently unemployed because of some sort of brain fart by Accrington's present leadership, but what a phenomenal job he did at that club, twice.

Vast experience, knows the lower leagues extremely well and can produce success with (very) limited resources.

Yes, there wasn't the expectation on Accrington as a club (...originally) that there is at Notts, but he did so well there he created an expectation beyond reason and somehow still managed to deliver on it. How the heck did a club that size get to League One and remain competitive in it for so long?

You'll be hard-pressed to find a better candidate within our realistic range, and he's available.

John Coleman would be a safe pair of hands.
    Mark Warburton is another option as he generally likes to play eye catching football albeit the results can be iffy.
    Brian Barry Murphy would be a left field option, the type that Reez would probably go for and hope for the best.
    Maynard simply cannot continue beyond the end of the season, no point sacking him now and the club need to delay putting next year's season tickets on sale until the end of this one.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Can't remember if I mentioned him in this or another thread, but surely yes.

Currently unemployed because of some sort of brain fart by Accrington's present leadership, but what a phenomenal job he did at that club, twice.

Vast experience, knows the lower leagues extremely well and can produce success with (very) limited resources.

Yes, there wasn't the expectation on Accrington as a club (...originally) that there is at Notts, but he did so well there he created an expectation beyond reason and somehow still managed to deliver on it. How the heck did a club that size get to League One and remain competitive in it for so long?

You'll be hard-pressed to find a better candidate within our realistic range, and he's available.
    He did very well in two spells but he didn't do so great at Rochdale. Would he want to move South at his age, very much a man of the northwest.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    John Coleman would be a safe pair of hands.
    Mark Warburton is another option as he generally likes to play eye catching football albeit the results can be iffy.
    Brian Barry Murphy would be a left field option, the type that Reez would probably go for and hope for the best.
    Maynard simply cannot continue beyond the end of the season, no point sacking him now and the club need to delay putting next year's season tickets on sale until the end of this one.
    He needs to go now, delaying will massively impact the season ticket sales.. Many of our new season ticket holders are used to seeing us winning more games than losses. They will not renew if he is still at the club, with a strong likelihood of watching many more defeats next season.. Get rid now and keep the enthusiasm going for next season..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    He needs to go now, delaying will massively impact the season ticket sales.. Many of our new season ticket holders are used to seeing us winning more games than losses. They will not renew if he is still at the club, with a strong likelihood of watching many more defeats next season.. Get rid now and keep the enthusiasm going for next season..
    Agree with this.
    If he’s not gone by preseason I won’t be renewing and I know of about 9 or 10 others within family and friends that won’t either.
    I’ve active my season ticket away last week free as I refuse to go while he’s still in charge.
    CBA after 40 years to travel to a home game just to see what he is turning out it hurts but only way the bros will realise is if fans talk with there feet and they start to lose revenue by attendance dropping

John Coleman did superbly well for Stanley but was unsuccessful at Rochdale as JS was likewise at the Blades .Keith Hill was good at 'Dale but poor elsewhere.
    Strange how some clubs and bosses are compatible really.
    It would certainly be different football with Coley , or Ainsworth for that matter too.
    A better fit for Notts would be Scott Lindsey as someone has already posted.
    Lee Bell at Crewe has done unexpectedly well and I doubt we'd get him .
    Going down the non- league path Woodman has had two good seasons at Bromley , but again had no experience as head coach in Lge 2.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast