+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Straw poll: Maynard in or out?

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    No, don't agree at all. The squad is a lot better than the 33pt 46-game relegation pace SM has put us on.
    If we take an axe to the squad but leave the Head Coach in place then we'd be well-advised to check out our relegation odds for next season
    The defence was fairly atrocious under Williams. We have no choice but to take a major major axe to the defence it does not matter who the coach is. I don't see anywhere where I have suggested he is head coach next season. I said give him until the end of the season. By then I would suggest his position will be unatainable.

Out

We're not going up or down and after 4pts from 7 I was hoping Maynard had turned a corner but yesterday was a massive step backwards.
    Dropping Ashby Hammond after a clean sheet and assist, switching Jones to the right which he's tested to destruction already and playing Chicksen ahead of JOB or Bostock just gifted Salford the first half.
    I'd give him Easter but he needs minimum three, preferably four points from both games to justify keeping him.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    We're not going up or down and after 4pts from 7 I was hoping Maynard had turned a corner but yesterday was a massive step backwards.
    Dropping Ashby Hammond after a clean sheet and assist, switching Jones to the right which he's tested to destruction already and playing Chicksen ahead of JOB or Bostock just gifted Salford the first half.
    I'd give him Easter but he needs minimum three, preferably four points from both games to justify keeping him.
    What's going to change between now and Easter ? We need to get rid now before morale drops to the point of no return..

The two wins we got against Newport and Bradford were against two teams that played unusually bad as in the case of Newport and a team that is in a mega slump as is the case of Bradford. All in all those two wins mask how bad we have become so I would have to say out but take half a dozen players to your next non league club please.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    What's going to change between now and Easter ? We need to get rid now before morale drops to the point of no return..
    Except when you're relegated there's rarely a point of no return. It didn't feel beyond hope at Bradford last Tuesday after the win and if we win the next two, ( I seriously doubt it) we'd be 10 pts from 15.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    The defence was fairly atrocious under Williams. We have no choice but to take a major major axe to the defence it does not matter who the coach is. I don't see anywhere where I have suggested he is head coach next season. I said give him until the end of the season. By then I would suggest his position will be unatainable.
    The trouble is Notts are playing the same way under SM as they were under LW. The only real differences are player moral/respect and some teams have sussed us out.

It's easy to make OK players look poor if you play them in a way that they either don't understand or just doesn't work. Just look at Langstaff - was touted as the next Haaland and now he's struggling to score tap ins. He hasn't suddenly become a bad player.

If you keep doing the same thing over and over again, don't expect a different result.

If the Brothers replace SM and expect the new coach to play the same way, we'll only get more of the same. When Notts have changed the formation a bit, even with lesser players, they have clicked. The squad is good enough in this league, at the very least, but if they are being asked to play Kamikaze football, then what we are witnessing now is the result.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    No, don't agree at all. The squad is a lot better than the 33pt 46-game relegation pace SM has put us on.
    If we take an axe to the squad but leave the Head Coach in place then we'd be well-advised to check out our relegation odds for next season
    100% agree.

The trouble is "Notts are playing the same way under SM as they were under LW. The only real differences are player moral/respect and some teams have sussed us out." from what I've seen we are not playing the same at all !! playing across the back four maybe , but with no or little purpose as the wing backs don't get as far forward now !

I'm still unsure. I think he's been let down by the players somewhat but was hoping for more success by now.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he got the boot but I think perhaps we may as well stick until the end of the season.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast